It’s never too early or too late to set goals for your weight loss.
If you are looking to set a weight loss goal and are considering the 17 Day Diet as a method to reach your goal, here is a 10-point checklist to help you get started, plus a few extra bonus points!
Your 17 Day Diet Pre-Weight Loss Plan Checklist
2. Sign a Diet Contract with Yourself — by formally committing to the diet, this signed contract will help keep yourself accountable and successful. (click here to download a weight loss contract)
3. Join a support group for constant encouragement from others. (join my private Facebook group).
4. Buy a weight scale that measures in .2 pound increments — You’d be surprised how many times you might be shy of pound by one or two ounces. It can get very discouraging not seeing the scale move as quickly as you’d like it to. So if you get a scale that measures in .2 pound increments, you’ll see every ounce of progress along the way! (here’s a great scale I use)
5. Get your food journal ready. It’s been known that keeping track of what and how much you eat actually helps you lose weight (download your food journal here)
6. Get your daily weight loss tracker ready — remember, every ounce counts! (download your weight tracker here)
7. Buy a pair of inexpensive dumb bells for your 17 Day Diet walking workouts (to maximize caloric burn). Start small and go for 2 to 3 pound weights — you’ll be surprised at how well they work, even when they don’t weight that much! (here are some great dumbbells here)
8. Plan ahead for your first week — get your meal plans and your grocery list ready a week before you’re ready to start your diet. This will give you a quick head start and help you become more successful. (read blog post for some helpful ideas)
9. Get an exercise buddy — getting fit is more fun when you can exercise with someone you like. Having a buddy also helps keep each of you motivated and accountable!
10. Surround yourself with positive people and keep a positive mindset (read blog post now)
** Bonus **
If you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed and don’t know quite where to start, get a little extra help — consider purchasing one of my awesome weight loss kits — for help with Cycle 1 only, take a look at C1 Slim Down™.
If you need help with all cycles of the 17 Day Diet, take a look at Simple N’ Lean 17™. Both of these kits including meal plans, recipes, shopping lists, and some really cool bonus gifts!
***Bonus #2 *** (Update)
If you’re a busy mom tired of cooking two different meals (one for you and the other for your family) or just too tired to cook from your long day at work, here’s a WONDERFUL solution for you!
BistroMD has a delicious AND affordable 17 Day Diet Meal Delivery Service. All food is 17 Day Diet approved, prepared using quality ingredients, frozen fresh and delivered to your door each week. You can check out more information on my review of the BistroMD 17 Day Diet Meal Delivery Service.
DOWNLOAD NOW: Your 17 Day Diet Pre-Weight Loss Plan Checklist