The New Year is right around the corner and that means it’s time to set goals for various areas of our life.
If you arelooking to set a weight loss goal and are considering the 17 Day Diet as a method to reach your goal, here is a 10-point checklist to help you get started.
Your 17 Day Diet Pre-Weight Loss Plan Checklist
2. Sign a Diet Contract with Yourself — by formally committing to the diet, this signed contract will help keep yourself accountable and successful. (click here to download a weight loss contract)
3. Join a support group for constant encouragement from others. (join our Facebook Page).
4. Buy a weight scale that measures in .2 pound increments — You’d be surprised how many times you might be shy of pound by one or two ounces. It can get very discouraging not seeing the scale move as quickly as you’d like it to. So if you get a scale that measures in .2 pound increments, you’ll see every ounce of progress along the way! (here’s a great scale I use)
5. Get your food journal ready. It’s been known that keeping track of what and how much you eat actually helps you lose weight (download your food journal here)
6. Get your daily weight loss tracker ready — remember, every ounce counts! (download your weight tracker here)
7. Buy a pair of inexpensive dumb bells for your 17 Day Diet walking workouts (to maximize caloric burn). Start small and go for 2 to 3 pound weights — you’ll be surprised at how well they work, even when they don’t weight that much! (here are some great dumbbells here)
8. Plan ahead for your first week – get your meal plans and your grocery list ready a week before you’re ready to start your diet. This will give you a quick head start and help you become more successful. (read blog post for some helpful ideas)
9. Get an exercise buddy — getting fit is more fun when you can exercise with someone you like. Having a buddy also helps keep each of you motivated and accountable!
10. Surround yourself with positive people and keep a positive mindset (read blog post now)
** Bonus **
If you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed and don’t know quite where to start, get a little extra help — consider My Weight Loss Success Kit.
My Weight Loss Success Kit offers all the tools you need to help you prepare for a successful weight loss journey while saving you time, keeping you motivated along the way and helping you reach your goal quickly so you can feel healthier faster! Read more about the kit now.
***Bonus #2 *** (2014 Update)
If you’re a busy mom tired of cooking two different meals (one for you and the other for your family) or just too tired to cook from your long day at work, here’s a WONDERFUL solution for you!
BistroMD has a delicious AND affordable 17 Day Diet Meal Delivery Service. All food is 17 Day Diet approved, prepared using quality ingredients, frozen fresh and delivered to your door each week. You can check out more information on my review of the BistroMD 17 Day Diet Meal Delivery Service.
DOWNLOAD NOW: Your 17 Day Diet Pre-Weight Loss Plan Checklist