You’ve been on Cycle 1 of the 17 Day Diet for 17 days now and you’re finally getting the swing of things. Just as you finally get it, it’s now time to switch things up a bit. Literally.
Here is your Beginner’s Guide and Quick Overview of Cycle 2.
Cycle 2 is the Activate Cycle
If you have more weight to lose, then it’s now time to progress to Cycle 2, also known as the Activate cycle. Cycle 2 consists of alternating between the Cycle 2 expanded list of foods and Cycle 1 days.
Quick Overview of Cycle 2
The idea of Cycle 2 is to create “body confusion” so that your metabolism does not get used to eating low caloric days as in Cycle 1.
In Cycle 2 you will alternate between high caloric days (Cycle 2 food list) and low caloric days (Cycle 1 food list) to create this confusion.
You may notice that your weight loss begins to slow down during this Cycle so make sure you take measurements as you’ll likely see more inches lost than pounds.
Cycle 2 Recap
So, for the first day of Cycle 2, you will do the following:
- Wake Up Drink: Within a half hour of waking, drink hot lemon water to get your digestive juices flowing.
- Green Tea: Drink green tea with most of your meals– Green tea is full of anti-oxidants and helps promote weight loss.
- Water: Drink eight 8-oz glasses of plain water every day. If you can drink more, the better!
- Eat generous amounts of lean protein and certain veggies.
- Choose from an expanded protein list (includes beef, pork and seafood)
- Choose two natural starches per day from Cycle 2 food list and eat by 2 pm (including grains, legumes and some starchy veggies)
- Consume two servings of probiotics per day.
- Eat two servings of fresh low-sugar fruit by 2pm (only fruits from the approved list).
- Friendly Fats: Use 1 to 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil or Flax Seed Oil per day.
- No sugar is allowed
- No alcohol is allowed
- Light exercise for 17 minutes each day
- Only stay on Cycle 2 for 17 Days — not a day longer!
On the second day of Cycle 2, you will revert back to the Cycle 1 food list which consists of no starches and only lean cuts of poultry, turkey and some seafood. On the third day you’ll enjoy foods on the expanded Cycle 2 food list and so on.
Sound easy enough?
What If I Still Have More Weight to Lose After Cycle 2?
If, when you’re finished with Cycle 2, you still have more weight to lose, continue to Cycle 3 before returning to a previous cycle to lose your additional weight.
What About the Other Cycles of the 17 Day Diet?
If you’re looking for a step-by-step overview of the entire 17 Day Diet, you can review that well.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, making jewelry and watching Outlander!
Is this your first time trying the 17 Day Diet? Check out my BRAND NEW book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss with the 17 Day Diet, on Amazon!