We eat chicken several times a week. Sometimes there’s only so much chicken we can eat!!
If you’re on the 17 Day Diet, you know chicken is a pretty important protein source. It’s not the only one, but it is the main one.
The secret to NOT getting sick of plain old chicken every night is in the seasonings and spices you use.
If you’re looking to kick your chicken up a notch, look no further.
Here’s a great recipe that takes full advantage of a ton of herbs and a bit of cheese to make dinner a healthy, yet family-friendly meal.
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ¼ teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 ¼ teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 ¼ teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 ¼ teaspoon fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1 ¼ teaspoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (if desired)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pat chicken with a paper towel until dry.
- In a baking dish, drizzle a bit of olive oil.
- Add chicken to the baking dish and drizzle a bit of olive oil over the top.
- In a small bowl, combine herbs, garlic & Parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Sprinkle the herb mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is done.
Dried herbs may be used instead of fresh.
Thanks to Michael who shared this recipe and his photo. You can follow Michael on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/smitmichaels
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. As you know, your health & wellness is a life-long journey and food is one piece of the puzzle. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, helping you with your anti-aging & skincare needs over at my Avon store (come say hi!!), and helping you achieve better health through nature with my other love, Busy Bee’s Wellness Co.