Just started that new desk job and you’re wondering why the scale has gone up a few pounds? It’s easy to gain weight at work because you’re not moving around that much (desk job = no physical activity). I see more people snacking at their desks than working sometimes! Here are a few tips to keep you “snacking” healthy and keeping your weight off at the workplace:
1. Make breakfast one of your largest, healthiest meals of the day. Make sure you get plenty of protein with good carbs such as oatmeal. Eating a large breakfast gives you energy, keeps you from snacking mid-morning, and keeps you from overeating throughout the day.
2. Pack healthy snacks for the day so you’re not caught off guard when hunger strikes at 3pm. Bring carrot sticks and hummus, apple slices and almond butter, or a small handful of almonds or walnuts. Being prepared with healthy alternatives to snacks will ensure you’ll skip the vending machine.
3. Instead of three meals a day, eat 5-6 smaller meals. You may not be hungry at first for one of your meals, but once you begin this habit, your metabolism will rev up for sure! Your hunger will be under control and you’ll experience high energy levels like never before!
4. Make sure you keep water nearby your desk. I usually keep my 32 oz container filled with filtered water and it sits right next to my computer. I bet you didn’t know that thirst signals sometimes get mixed up hunger signals. When you feel hungry, take a few gulps of your water.
5. Keep your stress levels down to a minimum. Many of us like to over eat when we feel stress. Don’t do this! If you feel the pressure at work, take a second to take a few deep breaths or walk outside for a few minutes.
6. Drink healthy teas such as green tea. Green tea is so full of anti-oxidants and helps your body lose weight!
7. Try to stay active during the work day. During your lunch break take a walk outside. You’ll return feeling refreshed, full of energy and ready to work another four hours. Make sure you drink plenty of water after returning from your walk!
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)