During my latest 5-Day Dinner Party for the re-opening of my Monthly Dinner Club by Simply17, a weekly meal planning service, one of our entrees was this delicious Balsamic Chicken stuffed with a yummy tomato and cheesy mixture.
The sweetness of balsamic made this dish a hit!
Here are a few photos from party guests. The first photo is from community member, Sandra J.
I love how Sandra’s chicken was stuffed perfectly! What a beauty!
I also love the fact that she included a few of her party favors in the photo – both the name place setting card and her thank you card.
I loved Molly’s creation, along with her use of our Simply17 cards where she displayed the name of the dish. So creative!!
You can prepare the recipe as-is by stuffing your chicken breasts, or top your chicken breasts with the tomato and cheese mixture instead. Either way, this dish is tasty!
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup packed fresh basil ribbons
- 1 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup low sodium, chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl add tomatoes and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and basil. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Depending on size of chicken breasts, place up to two breasts at a time in one large zip lock bag (or one breast in between two layers of plastic wrap) and pound until you achieve a 1/4-inch thickness. Be careful not to tear or rip through the chicken as you'll be stuffing them!
- Season chicken on all sides with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Take your tomato mixture and spoon a generous portion over the top of each chicken breast. Reserve leftover tomato mixture for sprinkling over the top.
- Gently roll up the chicken breasts, wrapping them tightly, and secure both ends with toothpicks to prevent chicken from unrolling while cooking.
- In a large frying pan or oven-proof pan, heat olive oil on medium high heat.
- Add rolled chicken breasts to pan and cook for about 6 to 7 minutes, or until all sides are lightly browned.
- While chicken is browning, combine the balsamic vinegar, broth, garlic and seasoning to a bowl. Whisk until mixture is fully combined. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from stove. Spoon remaining tomato mixture over chicken and gently pour balsamic vinegar mixture over chicken.
- In your oven-proof pan or baking dish, place chicken in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip chicken once and return to oven to continue baking for another 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and top with remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and return to oven to continue baking for an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and let stand for a few minutes before serving. From pan, scoop remaining tomato and balsamic mixture and serve over chicken.
If you want to make this dish a bit easier and save some time, rather than stuff the chicken, cook chicken breasts with mixture on top. It's perfect either way!
Approved for all cycles
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. As you know, your health & wellness is a life-long journey and food is one piece of the puzzle. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, making gemstone & crystal bracelets over at my Vixy Fae Etsy shop, and helping you achieve better health through nature with my other love, Busy Bee’s Wellness Co.