There are so many healthy food items on the 17 Day Diet cycle food lists, but here are a few of the super foods that are rock stars in my book.
1. Asparagus — This vegetable is a natural diuretic and when eaten (especially with lean protein) it will encourage weight loss.
2. Strawberries — This fruit is low in sugar and contains a high level of Vitamin C and antioxidants that have been known to help decrease the cancer risks.
3. Apples — Apples are a dieters best friend! This fruit is full of fiber, low in sugar and is known to reduce risks such as colon cancer.
4. Spinach — Spinach is such a great super food! It’s chalk full of vitamins and minerals such as Vitamins A, C, K, E just to name a few.
5. Yogurt — Plain yogurt, in particular, is lower in sugar and full of probiotics which are helpful for healthy digestion.
6. Tomatoes — Tomatoes are a super fruit! They contain high levels of lycopene, which in some studies, has been known to decrease the risk for some cancers, including prostate cancer.
1. Quinoa — This grain-like crop contains essential amino acids, calcium and iron. Quinoa is also known for it’s high protein content.
2. Sweet Potatoes — Sweet potatoes are rich in complex carbohydrates, dietary fiber, beta-carotene, vitamin C, vitamin B6, manganese and potassium. Sweet potatoes are also known to be helpful to diabetics in that they help stabilize blood sugar levels.
3. Scallops — Scallops are low in saturated fat and full of lean protein. Scallops are also rich in vitamins such as B12.
1. Pineapple — Pineapple is full of manganese and Vitamin C. Pineapple contains bromelain which helps break down proteins (think tenderizer for meats) and is also known in aiding digestion.
2. Avocados — What can we say about avocados? Besides their creamy, delicious flavor, avocados are widely known for their healthy fat content, have more potassium than bananas and contain a high level of fiber.
3. Bananas — Bananas are mainly known for their potassium content. When eaten green, they are full of resistant starch which is known to help control blood sugar levels and promote weight loss.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, My Lil’ Food Journal for The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)