There are so many healthy food items on the 17 Day Diet cycle food lists, but here are a few of the super foods that are rock stars in my book.
1. Asparagus — This vegetable is a natural diuretic and when eaten (especially with lean protein) it will encourage weight loss.
2. Strawberries — This fruit is low in sugar and contains a high level of Vitamin C and antioxidants that have been known to help decrease the cancer risks.
3. Apples — Apples are a dieters best friend! This fruit is full of fiber, low in sugar and is known to reduce risks such as colon cancer.
4. Spinach — Spinach is such a great super food! It’s chalk full of vitamins and minerals such as Vitamins A, C, K, E just to name a few.
5. Yogurt — Plain yogurt, in particular, is lower in sugar and full of probiotics which are helpful for healthy digestion.
6. Tomatoes — Tomatoes are a super fruit! They contain high levels of lycopene, which in some studies, has been known to decrease the risk for some cancers, including prostate cancer.
1. Quinoa — This grain-like crop contains essential amino acids, calcium and iron. Quinoa is also known for it’s high protein content.
2. Sweet Potatoes — Sweet potatoes are rich in complex carbohydrates, dietary fiber, beta-carotene, vitamin C, vitamin B6, manganese and potassium. Sweet potatoes are also known to be helpful to diabetics in that they help stabilize blood sugar levels.
3. Scallops — Scallops are low in saturated fat and full of lean protein. Scallops are also rich in vitamins such as B12.
1. Pineapple — Pineapple is full of manganese and Vitamin C. Pineapple contains bromelain which helps break down proteins (think tenderizer for meats) and is also known in aiding digestion.
2. Avocados — What can we say about avocados? Besides their creamy, delicious flavor, avocados are widely known for their healthy fat content, have more potassium than bananas and contain a high level of fiber.
3. Bananas — Bananas are mainly known for their potassium content. When eaten green, they are full of resistant starch which is known to help control blood sugar levels and promote weight loss.