Here’s a cheesy chicken recipe that is perfect for any cycle of the 17 Day Diet.
The combination of chicken, cheese and tomatoes along with the herbs and the heat of cayenne pepper, make for a perfectly tasty, yet healthy meal!
And yes, you can have cheese on the 17 Day Diet.
I don’t know why people miss this.
It’s a shame because cheese makes everything taste better!
So if you’re like me and love a quick and easy dish after a long day at the office, then this one was made just for you!
- 1 1/2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 thick slices low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chiffonade
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small prep bowl, combine herbes de provence, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides.
- Set a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and sear on both sides until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Place skillet into preheated oven and bake until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees, about 20-22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top the chicken breasts with cheese, return to oven and broil 2-3 minutes or until melty.
- Remove and top with tomatoes and basil, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.
Approved all cycles
This recipe can easily be adjusted for 4 servings. Add an extra chicken breast, slice of cheese and increase the other ingredients just a tad if you want.
Original Instagram post on my profile is here.
Recipe courtesy of @lmadesimple with a few tweaks by me to make the recipe easy to read.
Photo courtesy of community member, Sandy C. Thanks, Sandy! What a beautiful dish!!
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. As you know, your health & wellness is a life-long journey and food is one piece of the puzzle. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, helping you with your anti-aging & skincare needs over at my Avon store (come say hi!!), and helping you achieve better health through nature with my other love, Busy Bee’s Wellness Co.