Cycle 1 of the 17 Day Diet is all about releasing toxins from your body by eliminating carbs and sugar and jumpstarting your diet by rapid weight loss. Here are a few quick tips and reminders for a successful Cycle 1 weight loss:
- Stay on Cycle 1 for only 17 days–not a day longer
- Don’t forget to have your wake-up drink of hot water and lemon– every day!
- If you’re hungry, eat more vegetables and protein– no reason to ever be hungry on Cycle 1
- Drink plenty of water
- Exercise at least 17 minutes a day– no vigorous exercise while detoxing!
- Enjoy your green tea
- Make sure you have your two servings of probiotics— it’s not just about yogurt
- Be creative in your meal preparation– there’s no reason to get bored with your meals
- No fruit after 2pm
- If it’s not on the approved food list, don’t eat it!
Remember, if you have more weight to lose continue onto Cycle 2. Cycle 1 is not meant to be a lifestyle, so once your 17 days are up, move onto the next cycle.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Do you want to join my LIVE community 7-Day Sugar Detox? We start 6/20! Click here to learn more.