Cycle 1 of the 17 Day Diet is all about releasing toxins from your body by eliminating carbs and sugar and jumpstarting your diet by rapid weight loss. Here are a few quick tips and reminders for a successful Cycle 1 weight loss:
- Stay on Cycle 1 for only 17 days–not a day longer
- Don’t forget to have your wake-up drink of hot water and lemon– every day!
- If you’re hungry, eat more vegetables and protein– no reason to ever be hungry on Cycle 1
- Drink plenty of water
- Exercise at least 17 minutes a day– no vigorous exercise while detoxing!
- Enjoy your green tea
- Make sure you have your two servings of probiotics— it’s not just about yogurt
- Be creative in your meal preparation– there’s no reason to get bored with your meals
- No fruit after 2pm
- If it’s not on the approved food list, don’t eat it!
Remember, if you have more weight to lose continue onto Cycle 2. Cycle 1 is not meant to be a lifestyle, so once your 17 days are up, move onto the next cycle.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. As you know, your health & wellness is a life-long journey and food is one piece of the puzzle. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, making gemstone & crystal bracelets over at my Vixy Fae Etsy shop.
Is this your first time trying the 17 Day Diet? Check out my BRAND NEW book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss with the 17 Day Diet, on Amazon!