Here’s a Stuffed Bell Pepper recipe I recently featured in my C1 Challenge for the 17 Day Diet (I added in riced cauliflower after the fact). The photo above is courtesy of community member, Michelle S.
You can use beef if you’re on Cycle 2 or 3 if you’re looking for a more hearty, savory flavor.
I’ve never been a huge fan of green bell peppers.
When I thought of stuffed bell peppers growing up, I always thought they were made with the green ones.
Not sure what I was thinking!! Because I was misinformed, I truly don’t recall eating them as a child!
So if you’re like me and not a fan of green peppers, try this recipe with the colored peppers you enjoy.
I personally like all colors (except green). They have such a sweet flavor.
Plus, they contain more vitamin C than an orange!
When you combine the sweetness and juiciness of the bell pepper with the savory notes of the ground chicken or turkey and the cheese, you get a flavor combination that’s out of this world!
I absolutely love these stuffed bell peppers!
- 4 whole Bell Peppers (any color)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Chicken or Turkey
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 1 whole Medium Onion, Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, Diced
- 1 cup Low-Fat Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup riced Cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor or with a grater, rice your cauliflower into rice-sized pieces.
- In an un-oiled pan over medium heat, cook the cauliflower until all moisture is gone, about 6-8 minutes. Set aside.
- Cut the tops off the peppers. Remove and discard the stems, then finely chop the tops; set aside. Scoop out the seeds and as much of the membrane as you can.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken or turkey, season with salt and pepper and cook, breaking up the lumps, until the meat is cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside
- Add another tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Add the onions and chopped peppers and cook until veggies are soft.
- Add the garlic cook for another minute.
- Add the cooked riced cauliflower and the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until everything is heated through, then stir in the chicken or turkey.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese.
- Place the peppers cut-side up in a baking dish just large enough to hold them upright. Fill the peppers with the meat mixture and top each with a sprinkle of the remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Pour a small amount of water into the bottom of the baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until the peppers are soft and the cheese is melted and lightly browned, another 15 to 20 minutes.
Approved all cycles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. As you know, your health & wellness is a life-long journey and food is one piece of the puzzle. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, helping you with your anti-aging & skincare needs over at my Avon store (come say hi!!), and helping you achieve better health through nature with my other love, Busy Bee’s Wellness Co.