On the 17 Day Diet, it’s all about the non-starchy veggies like green beans!
I’ll be honest with you for a second, there’s only so many green beans I can eat before I need a serious flavor upgrade!
This Sauted Green Beans with Crimini Mushrooms recipe is the perfect upgrade!
It’s also perfect for your next holiday meal – I feature it in my Healthy Holiday Menu with Recipes blog post.
So if your family is begging you for the classic green bean casserole for your next holiday meal, this is a great alternative.
I say ditch the heavy green bean casserole and head to the land of yumminess with this fresh and tasty recipe for green beans.
I love using crimini mushrooms whenever a recipe calls for mushrooms. You can use any variety, but crimini are perfect in this dish!
I’d love to know how your holiday menu planning goes. If you make this dish dish, let me know how it turns out!
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 carton of sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup low-sodium, non-fat vegetable broth
- Steam green beans on medium heat until just about fork-tender.
- Drain green beans and set aside, covered.
- Add oil, onions and minced garlic to a pan on medium heat and sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté mushrooms 3 to 5 minutes with onions, add green beans back to the pan.
- Heat green beans through and add vegetable broth. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer green beans and mushrooms to a serving plate.
Approved all cycles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.