Here’s a perfect Mock Mashed Potatoes (Cauliflower) recipe that’s a perfect low carb option for the 17 Day Diet.
Rather than use starchy potatoes, this dish features our favorite veggie – cauliflower!
If you’re craving real mashed potatoes, but you’re watching your starch intake, consider using cauliflower instead.
It’s interesting how cauliflower is so versatile, it takes on practically any flavor you want it to.
When I first made this dish, I didn’t tell my partner that the mashed “potatoes” weren’t made with potatoes.
He had no idea and LOVED the dish!
The recipe calls for boiling your cauliflower, but feel free to either microwave until tender or steam your veggies.
It will definitely be easier to keep the cauliflower from being super wet, but beware you’ll likely have to cook in batches if your pot isn’t big enough.
The secret to this dish is to make sure your cauliflower is well drained after cooking!
This recipe pairs nicely with a few main entrees on the blog.
I also feature this recipe as a part of my Healthy Holiday Menu with Recipes blog post. Enjoy!
Other Holiday Side Dish Recipes
If you enjoy this recipe, you may want to try my other healthy holiday side dish recipes.
- Roasted Acorn Squash
- Roasted Carrots
- Sauteed Green Beans with Crimini Mushrooms
- Cycle 1 Cranberry Sauce
These recipes are featured in my Healthy Holiday Menu with Recipes.
- 2 medium head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or roasted garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or dry chives, for garnish
- Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
- Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces.
- Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done.
- Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels.
- In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the non-fat Greek yogurt, Parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper until almost smooth.
- Garnish with chives.
Approved all cycles.
Try roasting the garlic and adding a little fresh rosemary for a whole new taste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)