Are you looking for a quick and easy solution for your main dish for your next holiday meal? This Rosemary Chicken or Turkey recipe is a great low-carb, low-fat main dish for the 17 Day Diet.
This is my featured main dish over at my Healthy Holiday Menu with Recipes blog post.
There’s something comforting about having a full turkey roasting in the oven all day for Thanksgiving.
It can be a little intimidating at first, but once you do it a few times, it is super simple.
If you’d rather keep it simple and use chicken or turkey breasts instead, here’s a flavorful and super easy recipe to get a bird on the table without all the extra fuss.
The secret here is the herbs and lemon juice!
The lemon juice gives it a little freshness while the fresh herbs give it a nice woodiness.
This dish is perfect for your main entree for any holiday meal.
To be quite honest, it’s an easy way to get dinner on the table any time of the year! Enjoy!
Holiday Side Dish Recipes to Serve with This Entree
If you enjoy this recipe, you may want to try my other healthy holiday side dish recipes to serve alongside this entree.
- Mock Mashed Potatoes (Cauliflower)
- Roasted Acorn Squash
- Roasted Carrots
- Sauteed Green Beans with Crimini Mushrooms
- Cycle 1 Cranberry Sauce
These recipes are featured in my Healthy Holiday Menu with Recipes.
- 4 chicken or turkey breasts
- Juice of one lemon (reserve a few teaspoons)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of lemon zest (reserve zest for garnish)
- 4 teaspoon Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Marinate chicken in lemon juice, salt, rosemary and sage in a large bowl. Set aside
- Mix the onion and garlic powder together in shallow bowl or plate.
- Add Olive Oil to baking dish.
- Place the chicken in the baking dish and sprinkle the onion and garlic powders onto the chicken.
- If you have any leftover rosemary and sage from the marinade, sprinkle over the chicken.
- Bake chicken for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Sprinkle chicken with reserved lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and lemon slices and zest.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, My Lil’ Food Journal for The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)