This Roasted Carrots recipe is a perfect side dish if you’re losing weight with the 17 Day Diet.
I have to be honest for a moment. Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best ones.
Do you agree?
I feature this dish in my Healthy Holiday Menu with Recipes blog post, but you can definitely enjoy these carrots year round!
This is so simple, why wouldn’t you have them all the time?
You know the simple recipes I’m I’m talking about right?
The recipes that have maybe 3 to 5 ingredients, require less than 15 minutes prep and taste like you’ve been in the kitchen all day long.
Yes, this recipe is one of those simple recipes!
I love carrots. I love them roasted even more!
If you can find the pretty purple and yellow ones, add those in your dish, too!
If you want to get super fancy, yet a little rustic, leave the greens on and they’ll add a bit of gorgeous texture to the dish.
Or you can make your life even easier and buy the prepackaged carrots that are ready to use!
Regardless of how you pick them out and prepare them, roasted carrots are the perfect side dish to any meal.
Roasting the carrots brings out the natural sweetness of these tasty vegetables.
Here’s a simple yet delicious recipe to prepare for your holiday or every-day meal.
Other Holiday Side Dish Recipes
If you enjoy this recipe, you may want to try my other healthy holiday side dish recipes.
- Mock Mashed Potatoes (Cauliflower)
- Roasted Acorn Squash
- Sauteed Green Beans with Crimini Mushrooms
- Cycle 1 Cranberry Sauce
These recipes are featured in my Healthy Holiday Menu with Recipes.
- 8 medium size carrots
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill or parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the carrots diagonally in 1 1/2-inch-thick slices. If carrots are extra thick, cut in half-length-wise.
- Toss the carrots in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to a sheet pan in a single layer and roast for 20 minutes, until browned and tender.
- Toss the carrots with minced dill or parsley (optional), season to taste, and serve.
Approved all cycles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, My Lil’ Food Journal for The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)