Do you crave something sweet and savory, but not sure what you’re allowed to eat on the 17 Day Diet that might be guilt-free?
Look no further! It’s a low-fat, low-carb mini cheesecakes to the rescue! Thanks to blog reader, Dorinda, for this recipe.
I made these and they are so super easy, super quick and super delicious!
The recipe calls for only five ingredients and 30 minutes of bake time. Can’t get better than that!
Technically, you’ll find ricotta cheese on the Cycle 3 food list. However, you’ll also find non-fat cheese is allowed in moderation for all cycles under the condiment section.
Now, here’s where it gets interesting. If you’re like me and you like to eat clean, I’d personally stay away from anything non-fat.
You see, when you strip the fat out of a food, you’re stripping away the flavor.
How do you add back in more flavor? You add salt, sugar and other ingredients, including artificial stuff you really don’t want in your diet.
So, if you want to make this yummy cheesecake and you want to enjoy it in all cycles, maybe opt for a lower-fat ricotta and you should be just fine!
- 6 oz. low fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk (beaten),
- 2 teaspoons sweetener (Stevia) (use 2 tablespoons if you prefer a sweeter cake)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray regular size muffin pan with non-stick spray (use cupcake liners instead if you prefer).
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until mixture is smooth.
- Divide batter evenly into 6 muffin cups. Bake for 28 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cake comes out clean.
- Let cool on rack. Gently remove mini cheesecakes from pan.
- Use your favorite berries for a topping or eat plain!
Approved for all cycles.