Before you know it, Spring will be here and you know what that means, right? Bikini season will soon follow, so why not start your weight loss journey with a new challenge?
The 17 Day Diet Blog is issuing a 7-Day Salad Challenge: If you choose to accept, you are hereby invited to join in on a 7 day adventure — eat at least one salad per day for a total of seven days!
This challenge is designed to instill healthy eating habits, help you enjoy the idea of a salad and to help you lose weight. If you are so inclined, participate in this challenge for an extra week to form a new good habit!
Comment below if you are willing to participate and have fun with this 7-Day Salad Challenge!
Here are the rules:
1. Eat at least 1 salad per day for 7 days
2. Stick to low-calorie, low-fat dressings (vinaigrettes are even better)
3. Eat more veggies than you normally do
4. Eat lean protein with every meal/salad
5. With increased fiber means increase your water intake — drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water per day
6. Get healthy and have fun!
For those of you on Cycle 1, here are a few substitutions you may use:
1. Chicken breast for Quinoa
2. 1 boiled egg for black beans
3. Spinach for avocado
Here are seven salads along with their recipes if you need some inspiration:
Day 1 — Spicy Thai Cucumber Salad (enjoy this recipe)
Day 2 — Quinoa Salad with Black Beans, Avocado and Cumin-Lime Dressing (enjoy this recipe)
Day 3 — Grown-up Tuna Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing (enjoy this recipe)
Day 4 — Crunchy Sweet Apple Chicken Salad (enjoy this recipe)
Day 5 — Summer Slaw with Apples (enjoy this recipe)
Day 6 — Salad in a Jar (Quinoa, Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Spinach) (enjoy this recipe)
Day 7 — Cool Cucumber and Strawberry Salad with Vinaigrette (enjoy this recipe)