Who doesn’t love apples, chicken and warm spices mixed into a salad?
Well if you’re like me and this sounds like the perfect combo, then you’re going to love this Crunchy Sweet Apple Chicken Salad.
This is a great fall salad when your favorite apples are in season. I featured this recipe in my 7-Day Salad Diet Challenge because it’s basically great year-round, not just the fall season!
It’s filled with low-sugar, fiber-rich fruit and lean protein – a winning combination for losing weight with the 17 Day Diet!
Don’t let the warmer weather keep you from trying this recipe – it’s really great year-round!
It would be perfect using grilled chicken, so make sure you add this to your Summer BBQ recipe rotation list!
What Type of Apple Is Best?
You can’t go wrong with your choice of apple in this recipe.
For me, I love the crunch and sweetness of an Envy Apple.
A Granny Smith would be great as well – it won’t be as sweet as a Honey Crisp or a Gala, but it would be equally as delicious!
Next, you’ll love the warm spices in this recipe.
It reminds me of an apple pie, but you’re eating a healthy salad instead!
Cycle 3 Additions
Let’s have some fun in Cycle 3! How about healthy fats to help keep you satiated!
Avocado is a nice contrasting flavor and texture to the crunchiness of this salad.
Walnuts would also be another great addition to this salad during Cycle 3.
If you add in a few red grapes (Cycle 1 approved), then you have yourself a lighter version of a Chicken Waldorf Salad!
Other Salad Recipes You May Enjoy
If you enjoy this recipe, you might like these other salad recipes:
- Tuna and Egg Salad (mayo-free and yummy)
- Keto Egg Salad
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Summer Berries
- Salmon Avocado Salsa Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Salad with Greek Yogurt
- Cool Cucumber and Strawberry Salad with Vinaigrette
- Chicken Caesar Kebabs
- Kickstart Detox Salad
- Grown-up Tuna Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- Peach Caprese Salad for the 17 Day Diet
- Summer Slaw with Apples
If you make this salad, please come back and give the recipe a 5-star review and let me know if you added the extra Cycle 3 ingredients!
For Salad Dressing:
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of cardamom
- Dash of salt
- Stevia to taste
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
For Remaining Salad:
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- Wedge of lemon, for serving
- Favorite lettuce greens
- 1/4 Avocado, cubed (optional - Cycle 3)
- Chopped Walnuts (optional - Cycle 3)
- Mix the lemon juice, spices, salt and sweetener in a bowl.
- Next, whisk in olive oil until well combined.
- Add cooked diced chicken, apples, celery and additional optional ingredients of your choosing into the salad dressing and toss to combine.
- Best to allow salad to chill for 20 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce, with a lemon wedge for garnish.
Approved for all cycles.
See optional ingredients for Cycle 3.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)