Who doesn’t love apples, chicken and warm spices mixed into a salad?
Well if you’re like me and this sounds like the perfect combo, then you’re going to love this Crunchy Sweet Apple Chicken Salad.
This is a great fall salad when your favorite apples are in season.
It’s filled with low-sugar, fiber-rich fruit and lean protein – a winning combination for losing weight with the 17 Day Diet!
Don’t let the warmer weather keep you from trying this recipe – it’s really great year-round!
What Type of Apple Is Best?
You can’t go wrong with your choice of apple in this recipe.
For me, I love the crunch and sweetness of an Envy Apple.
A Granny Smith would be great as well – it won’t be as sweet as a Honey Crisp or a Gala, but it would be equally as delicious!
Next, you’ll love the warm spices in this recipe.
It reminds me of an apple pie, but you’re eating a healthy salad instead!
Cycle 3 Additions
Let’s have some fun in Cycle 3! How about healthy fats to help keep you satiated!
Avocado is a nice contrasting flavor and texture to the crunchiness of this salad.
Walnuts would also be another great addition to this salad during Cycle 3.
If you add in a few red grapes (Cycle 1 approved), then you have yourself a lighter version of a Chicken Waldorf Salad!
Other Salad Recipes You May Enjoy
If you enjoy this recipe, you might like these other salad recipes:
If you make this salad, please come back and give the recipe a 5-star review and let me know if you added the extra Cycle 3 ingredients!
For Salad Dressing:
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of cardamom
- Dash of salt
- Stevia to taste
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
For Remaining Salad:
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- Wedge of lemon, for serving
- Favorite lettuce greens
- 1/4 Avocado, cubed (optional - Cycle 3)
- Chopped Walnuts (optional - Cycle 3)
- Mix the lemon juice, spices, salt and sweetener in a bowl.
- Next, whisk in olive oil until well combined.
- Add cooked diced chicken, apples, celery and additional optional ingredients of your choosing into the salad dressing and toss to combine.
- Best to allow salad to chill for 20 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce, with a lemon wedge for garnish.
Approved for all cycles.
See optional ingredients for Cycle 3.