I really love caesar salad. I mean, any chance I can get, I’ll choose it over any other kind!
Normally caesar salad comes with those buttery croutons and if you’re on the 17 Day Diet, you’re generally skipping any of the yummy carbs topped on salads for a while.
This Chicken Caesar Kebab recipe takes what we love in a classic caesar salad (sans croutons), and makes it a bit of a healthier version.
As you may know, the 17 Day Diet focuses on lower fat consumption, so this recipe is perfect!
Traditionally anchovies are used in a Caesar dressing, and they are optional in this recipe. The true star?
Where you’ll get the traditional “salty” flavor in this dish is from the Worcestershire sauce. Most brands contain anchovies in their sauce, so you’re still getting this flavor in this recipe.
Another thing to watch out for when picking out your Worcestershire sauce is sugar content. You’re likely not going to find a brand that doesn’t contain sugar – I’d be more concerned with high fructose corn syrup.
Stay away from that concentrated sugar, and you’ll be just fine.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 whole romaine hearts, cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces or 4 whole romaine hearts cut in half (depending on preference)
- 20 grape tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoons anchovy paste (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- Thread the chicken chunks on to skewers. Place skewers into a shallow baking dish that they can lay flat.
- On separate skewers, thread the lettuce pieces alternating with grape tomatoes. Place into another shallow baking dish that they can lay flat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together garlic through anchovy paste. Whisk in yogurt and olive oil.
- Pour one-third of the dressing onto the chicken. Rotate the skewers to cover all the chicken to fully coat.
- Pour one-third of the dressing over the lettuce skewers. Rotate the skewers to cover all the lettuce and tomatoes.
- Cover both dishes and refrigerate for an hour to allow marinating.
- Heat a grill or pan to medium high heat. Either coat grill with oil or heat oil in pan.
- Place the chicken onto the grill or pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until chicken is 165 degrees. Allow to rest once done.
- Put lettuce and tomato skewers onto the grill or pan. Cook for about a minute on each side. You just want the lettuce slightly charred.
- When you’re ready to serve, drizzle remaining dressing over skewers.
Approved all cycles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.