This Chicken Caesar Kebabs recipe was featured in a Summer C1 Challenge from previous years and they were a huge hit inside of my private Facebook group where we have fun with recipe swaps year round!
I really love caesar salad. I mean, any chance I can get, I’ll choose it over any other kind!
Normally caesar salad comes with those buttery croutons and if you’re on the 17 Day Diet, you’re generally skipping any of the yummy carbs topped on salads for a while.
This Chicken Caesar Kebab recipe takes what we love in a classic caesar salad (sans croutons), and makes it a bit of a healthier version.
As you may know, the 17 Day Diet focuses on lower fat consumption, so this recipe is perfect!
Traditionally anchovies are used in a Caesar dressing, and they are optional in this recipe. The true star?
Where you’ll get the traditional “salty” flavor in this dish is from the Worcestershire sauce. Most brands contain anchovies in their sauce, so you’re still getting this flavor in this recipe.
Another thing to watch out for when picking out your Worcestershire sauce is sugar content. You’re likely not going to find a brand that doesn’t contain sugar – I’d be more concerned with high fructose corn syrup.
Stay away from that concentrated sugar, and you’ll be just fine.
Other Low Carb Recipes for the Grill
If you enjoy this recipe, consider trying out these others that are perfect for grilling weather:
- Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Lemon Sriracha Shrimp
- Greek Souvlaki With Yogurt Sauce
- Chicken with Mexican Dry Rub and Fruit Salsa
- Grilled Pesto Chicken and Tomato Kebabs
- Mexican Lime Chicken
- Bang Bang Chicken Kebabs
- Chicken or Beef Skewers (Peruvian Anticuchos)
If you try this recipe and you enjoy it, please come back and review the recipe card below. If you’re on social media, tag me @17ddblog so I can see your pretty kebabs!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 whole romaine hearts, cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces or 4 whole romaine hearts cut in half (depending on preference)
- 20 grape tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoons anchovy paste (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- Thread the chicken chunks on to skewers. Place skewers into a shallow baking dish that they can lay flat.
- On separate skewers, thread the lettuce pieces alternating with grape tomatoes. Place into another shallow baking dish that they can lay flat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together garlic through anchovy paste. Whisk in yogurt and olive oil.
- Pour one-third of the dressing onto the chicken. Rotate the skewers to cover all the chicken to fully coat.
- Pour one-third of the dressing over the lettuce skewers. Rotate the skewers to cover all the lettuce and tomatoes.
- Cover both dishes and refrigerate for an hour to allow marinating.
- Heat a grill or pan to medium high heat. Either coat grill with oil or heat oil in pan.
- Place the chicken onto the grill or pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until chicken is 165 degrees. Allow to rest once done.
- Put lettuce and tomato skewers onto the grill or pan. Cook for about a minute on each side. You just want the lettuce slightly charred.
- When you’re ready to serve, drizzle remaining dressing over skewers.
Approved all cycles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Photo Courtesy of Stephanie G – follow her on Instagram here: @stephieges
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)