Be warned – you *may* become slightly addicted to the sauce as community member, Casey F., recently found out.
Shhh. Don’t let the cat out of the bag, but a little birdie told me that Casey likes to use this Bang Bang sauce (or maybe it’s the Thai Sweet Chili Sauce or maybe both!!) on his other meals.
As you search for Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, try to find one that has little sugar in it. Most sweet chili sauces will have some sugar in them.
The amount you’re using in this recipe is very little, and as long as you don’t eat the ENTIRE meal by yourself in one sitting, you should be fine with just a bit of sweet chili sauce. Plus, it really makes this dish super flavorful!
By the way, thank you Casey for providing these yummy pictures.
Casey took the liberty of adding simple roasted cabbage steaks, using a brush of olive oil and salt and pepper, to his meal to give him and his family a bit more greens! You can also serve these kebabs with spicy lime cauliflower steaks as well.
Oh, and feel free to add in additional vegetables for your skewers or substitute your favorite vegetables if you’re not a fan of onions or bell pepper.
Depending on which cycle you’re on, sliced zucchini would be fantastic, or to keep it low carb, whole mushrooms or even cauliflower would be an awesome addition!
There really is no right or wrong way to build this Bang Bang Chicken Kebab dinner.
And don’t worry – if you suffer the same fate as me and you don’t have an outdoor grill, these can easily be cooked using either an indoor grill, your oven or even a frying pan!
Of course, cooking times will vary depending on what method you use and how hot your heat is.
OK, are you ready to get your grill fired up and your chicken marinating? Let’s do this!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium yellow onion cut into 1-inch chunks
- Wood or metal skewers
- Olive oil, salt, black pepper
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 5-6 or more drops of Sriracha Hot Sauce, to taste
- Soak your wood skewers in water for about 30 minutes so that they don't burn on the grill.
- Season the chicken and veggies with salt and pepper to taste, then drizzle with about 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Skewer the chicken.
- Thread the red peppers and onions on separate skewers.
- Pre-heat your grill or grill pan to medium high heat then add the chicken and veggies to the pan. Rotate the meat and veggies every few minutes to ensure food is cooked evenly.
- When the vegetables are tender, remove them from the grill.
- While the chicken is finishing cooking, combine Greek yogurt with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce and Sriracha Hot Sauce in a small bowl and whisk until sauce is smooth.
- During the last few minutes of the chicken cooking, use a brush to spread the hot sauce over the chicken.
- Rotate the chicken and brush the other side with the sauce.
- Remove from grill and allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes before serving.
Approved for all cycles
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. As you know, your health & wellness is a life-long journey and food is one piece of the puzzle. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, making gemstone & crystal bracelets over at my Vixy Fae Etsy shop.
Is this your first time trying the 17 Day Diet? Check out my BRAND NEW book, Kickstart Your Weight Loss with the 17 Day Diet, on Amazon!