Everybody should know that cauliflower is a girl’s best friend, especially when it comes to losing weight with the 17 Day Diet.
Unfortunately, cauliflower is boring when eaten plain. You feel me?
Roasting your favorite diet veggie will give it some more flavor, but it’s not something you want to eat several times a week because you’ll likely get bored!
However, when you add any spice or other flavoring to this versatile veggie, the flavors the cauliflower take on are amazing!!
Cauliflower is so versatile, you can use it for so many things. I’ll list a few of my favorite cauliflower dishes in a moment, so keep on reading!
In the meantime, this Spicy Lime Cauliflower Steaks Recipe is one to keep for your future dinner!
This low carb recipe is perfect for Meatless Monday or a side dish – the choice is yours!
Spicy Lime Cauliflower Steaks Ingredients
Obviously, cauliflower is the main ingredient of this recipe. The trick is to slice your cauliflower into 1-inch thick steaks without breaking them!
Get as many as you can from one large head of cauliflower.
If you have bits and pieces from the cauliflower breaking, save these for another dinner (you can check out my other cauliflower recipes towards the end of this post).
Besides cauliflower being the main ingredient, there are a few stand-out stars that make this recipe fresh and tasty.
Can you guess what they might be?
Hint: one of them is listed in the title of the recipe!
You guessed it! Lime!
Not only will lime freshen up any dish, but when paired with its friendly herb buddy, cilantro, you’ve got a winning combo of flavors!
If you’re not a fan of cilantro, you could simply leave it out of this recipe or you can use fresh parsley instead!
Other Low Carb Cauliflower Recipes
If you find yourself with a lot of extra pieces of cauliflower after you’ve sliced up your steaks, here are a few recipes you can try for your next meal:
- Cauliflower Tortillas
- Faux Fried Rice (Cauliflower)
- Cauliflower Nachos
- Green Chili Chicken Enchilada with Cauliflower
- Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Mock Mashed Potatoes (Cauliflower)
More Low Carb Side Dish Recipes
Here are a few more ideas for side dishes that are low carb to help with your weight loss while still keeping dinner time fun and yummy!
- Roasted Acorn Squash
- Italian Roasted Vegetables
- Zucchini Fries with Ranch Dressing
- Roasted Radishes & Carrots
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Peach Caprese Salad
- Sautéed Green Beans with Crimini Mushrooms
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots
- Carrot Fries with Ranch Dressing
If you make this Spicy Lime Cauliflower Steaks recipe, I’d love to hear what you think! Please come back to review this recipe below. If you’re on social media, tag me @17ddblog so I can see your lovely creation! Enjoy!
- 1 large head of cauliflower, washed and greens removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- Sweetener, to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Carefully slice washed head of cauliflower into 1-inch thick steaks. Use any remaining pieces or florets for another recipe of your choice. Set steaks aside.
- In a small bowl, mix all remaining ingredients except the cilantro until well combined.
- Brush the cauliflower steaks with the sauce mixture (use any remaining sauce to baste cauliflower while frying).
- Fry the cauliflower steaks on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes per side, or until the cauliflower starts to become softer and slightly browned and cooked through.
- Garnish with freshly squeezed lime and top with cilantro or your favorite herb.
Approved all cycles.
Final cooking time will depend on how thick you sliced your cauliflower steaks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)