Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite veggies! They are the perfect food for weight loss, and that’s why the 17 Day Diet has them listed as an approved food starting on Cycle 2!
You can do so much with sweet potatoes.
You can place them in the slow cooker on high for a few hours and have them ready for dinner.
You can also mash them into a yummy sweet potato puree where you control all the ingredients rather than using a canned puree.
And you can also make fries with them (baked is better and air fried is best!).
Today we’ll be roasting them so the golden brown crispiness gives them a yummy, nutty flavor! YUMMM!
One of my all-time favorite ways to prepare veggies is roasting – the flavor is out of this world!
Plus, if you’re looking for a healthier alternative during the holidays, these are awesome without all the added sugar!
This recipe is very simple, yet the roasting process and the few ingredients let the natural flavor of the sweet potato sing in your mouth!
Forever gone are the days of searching for your sweet potato flavor under mounds of marshmallow and brown sugar.
Enjoy this light, yet healthy holiday recipe at your next Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner or your regular weeknight dinner with family.
Main Dish Entrees to Serve with Roasted Sweet Potatoes
If you’re looking for a few ideas for your main dish to serve with these yummy roasted sweet potatoes, here are a few options:
More Low Carb Side Dish Recipes
Here are a few more ideas for side dishes that are low carb to help with your weight loss while still keeping dinner time fun and yummy!
- Roasted Acorn Squash
- Zucchini Fries with Ranch Dressing
- Italian Roasted Vegetables
- Roasted Radishes & Carrots
- Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Faux Fried Rice (Riced Cauliflower)
- Spicy Lime Cauliflower Steaks
- Peach Caprese Salad
- Mock Mashed Potatoes (Cauliflower)
- Sautéed Green Beans with Crimini Mushrooms
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots
If you happen to make this dish, I’d love it if you’d come back to review the recipes. Plus, I’d love to see your photos, so make sure you tag me on Instagram @17ddblog
- 2 Medium Size Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ to 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F.
- Place cut sweet potatoes onto baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to fully coat.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until fork tender and lightly browned.
Approved for cycles 2 and 3.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)