I completely believe simple is always a winner!
I’m a total sucker for simple recipes. Take, for instance, this Lemony Herbed Chicken and Green Beans.
At the core it’s chicken and green beans right?
But the difference between boring chicken and green beans are the subtle ingredients you use to make a huge flavor impact.
Take lemons, for instance.
Using the juice and/or the zest of lemons in a main dish will brighten up the flavor in no time!
Adding your favorite herbs to the dish give it an “earthy” tone.
In this recipe, we’re using a combination of rosemary and thyme.
These two herbs pair perfectly in this dish.
Plus, when you keep it simple with simple, yet powerful ingredients, you’re not only virtually guaranteeing a lovely dinner, but you’re also saving a ton of time and energy by keeping the basics in mind.
Here’s the Lemony Herbed Chicken and Green Bean dish featured by community member, Cynthia C.
Isn’t her dinner gorgeous?
So don’t be afraid to stick to basics. The herbs in this dish are pantry staples, so you should have these on hand. Enjoy!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (from part of the lemon)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried Thyme
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, zest, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
- On a large baking sheet place chicken breasts and green beans and drizzle herb mixture over top. Toss gently to coat evenly. Place lemon slices over the top of chicken and green beans.
- Roast in oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until your chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and your green beans are crispy.
Approved for all cycles
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, My Lil’ Food Journal for The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)