There’s nothing better than Summer time grilling. Here’s a tasty Grilled Pesto Chicken and Tomato Kebab recipe that’s actually perfect any time of the year!
Even if it’s not summer time or you don’t have an outdoor grill, you can still make this kebab recipe.
Plus, it’s simple and is perfect for losing weight on the 17 Day Diet.
You can either bake, pan fry or broil these until they’re cooked through. See! No excuses, right?
The bonus here with this recipe is that it’s super simple with few ingredients.
I like to use pre-shredded Parmesan (actually Parmesan-Romano blend as pictured above). This particular brand does not contain any cellulose to prevent caking and this is the reason why I buy it.
You can either grind your basil and cheese the old fashioned way, you can pop it into the blender or processor to save some time and energy.
When you grill these yummy tomatoes, they’ll be popping full of flavor. Any time you’re grilling any ingredient out on the grill, the magic really happens!
Photo courtesy of @skinnytaste
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/4 pounds skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 16 wooden skewers
- Olive Oil Spray
- Add the chopped basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper into either a blender or food processor.
- Pulse the ingredient while adding olive oil until the pesto is smooth.
- In a large bowl, add the uncooked chicken cubes and pesto and stir until chicken is fully coated. Cover bowl and refrigerate for a few hours allowing the chicken to fully marinate.
- About a half hour before you’re ready to grill, soak wooden skewers in water at least 30 minutes (or use metal ones to avoid this step).
- Thread chicken and tomatoes onto skewers, alternating between chicken and tomatoes.
- Heat the grill over medium heat until hot.
- Be sure the grates are clean and spray lightly with an oil spray right before grilling.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook about 3-4 minutes; turn and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Approved all cycles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. As you know, your health & wellness is a life-long journey and food is one piece of the puzzle. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, helping you with your anti-aging & skincare needs over at my Avon store (come say hi!!), and helping you achieve better health through nature with my other love, Busy Bee’s Wellness Co.