There’s nothing better than Summer time grilling. Here’s a tasty Grilled Pesto Chicken and Tomato Kebab recipe that’s actually perfect any time of the year!
Even if it’s not summer time or you don’t have an outdoor grill, you can still make this kebab recipe.
You can either bake, pan fry or broil these until they’re cooked through. See! No excuses, right?
Simple Ingredients For Chicken Kebabs
The bonus here with this recipe is that it’s super simple with few ingredients.
As the name suggests, you need pesto (which we’ll make from scratch), chicken and tomatoes (maybe a few other ingredients too!).
A good quality Parmesan is best when it’s one of the main ingredients for the pesto! Here’s one I use exclusively for all of my meals that use Parmesan cheese.
I like to use pre-shredded Parmesan (actually Parmesan-Romano blend as pictured above).
This particular brand does not contain any cellulose to prevent caking and this is the reason why I buy it.
When the pesto is the main flavor profile for your kebab, it’s important to not skimp on quality!
You can either grind your basil and cheese the old fashioned way, you can pop it into the blender or processor to save some time and energy.
Tomatoes are one of the other stars of this recipe!
When you grill these yummy tomatoes, they’ll be popping full of flavor.
Any time you’re grilling any ingredient out on the grill, the magic really happens!
Other Low Carb Recipes for the Grill
If you enjoy this recipe, consider trying out these others that are perfect for grilling weather:
- Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Lemon Sriracha Shrimp
- Greek Souvlaki With Yogurt Sauce
- Chicken with Mexican Dry Rub and Fruit Salsa
- Chicken Caesar Kebabs
- Mexican Lime Chicken
- Bang Bang Chicken Kebabs
- Chicken or Beef Skewers (Peruvian Anticuchos)
If you try this Grilled Pesto Chicken and Tomato Kebab recipe, come back to review the recipe card below. If you’re on social media, make sure you tag me @17ddblog so I can see your plated meal!
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/4 pounds skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 16 wooden skewers
- Olive Oil Spray
- Add the chopped basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper into either a blender or food processor.
- Pulse the ingredient while adding olive oil until the pesto is smooth.
- In a large bowl, add the uncooked chicken cubes and pesto and stir until chicken is fully coated. Cover bowl and refrigerate for a few hours allowing the chicken to fully marinate.
- About a half hour before you’re ready to grill, soak wooden skewers in water at least 30 minutes (or use metal ones to avoid this step).
- Thread chicken and tomatoes onto skewers, alternating between chicken and tomatoes.
- Heat the grill over medium heat until hot.
- Be sure the grates are clean and spray lightly with an oil spray right before grilling.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook about 3-4 minutes; turn and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
17 Day Diet - all cycles
17 Day Kickstart Diet - all phases
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)