I love browsing social media for new inspiring low carb recipes for the 17 Day Diet.
When it comes to the 17 Day Diet, chicken is basically the star of the show. With eating a ton of chicken, comes the possibility of burning out.
When you think about it, there’s only so much chicken breast a person can eat!
So when I was mindlessly scrolling Instagram recently, I found this simple yet flavorful dish for Mexican Lime Chicken.
There’s nothing fancy about this recipe, but it does add a bit of variety to the regular “chicken and green bean” meal we’re used to conforming to when trying to lose weight.
No need to get caught up in that cycle of boring chicken!
Mexican Lime Chicken Ingredients
Like I mentioned earlier, the ingredients in this recipe are SUPER simple! I love these types of recipes that aren’t complicated.
Just a few ingredients can make a HUGE impact on flavor.
So if you dig the Mexican spice variety, you’ll love the ingredients in this dish.
I love using chili powder when I’m making a chicken dish – especially for chicken tacos. Chili powder gives a dish a warmth and just a tad of heat (if you want more heat, consider chili flakes!).
I love using garlic powder, especially for my chicken! Don’t confuse garlic salt for garlic powder – they are two totally different seasonings.
For this recipe, you’ll use powder which is basically ground dehydrated garlic without the sodium of garlic salt.
Garlic powder is a bit more sweet than fresh garlic and lends itself well to a yummy piece of grilled chicken!
For this dish we’ll use the juice of limes in the chicken marinade. Lime juice gives a dish a nice, fresh flavor. Lime is always a great contrast to chili powder.
Different Ways to Serve Mexican Lime Chicken
If you want a quick and easy meal, you can simply serve your chicken breast alongside your favorite veggies. However, if you want to get creative, here are a few other ways to get this Mexican Lime Chicken on the table:
- Shred the chicken and serve in Cauliflower Tortillas
- Shred the chicken and serve as a salad topper – consider using my fruit salsa recipe
- Shred the chicken and serve in lettuce wraps
- Shred the chicken and serve it on top of my Cauliflower Nachos
Other Low Carb Mexican Recipes
If you’re a Mexican food lover like me and enjoy this Mexican Lime Chicken, you might want to try these other recipes:
- Chicken with Mexican Dry Rub and Fruit Salsa
- Mexican Beef Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Chicken Fajitas
- One Skillet Chicken Taco Casserole
- Green Chili Chicken Enchilada with Cauliflower
- Chicken Enchilada Soup (Slow Cooker)
- Cauliflower Nachos
- Turkey Cilantro Enchilada Soup
- Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas
- Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken
- Slow Cooker Mexican Cilantro Chicken
- Christine’s Mexican Turkey Chili
Other Low Carb Recipes for the Grill
If you enjoy this recipe, consider trying out these others that are perfect for grilling weather:
- Grilled Lemon Sriracha Shrimp
- Greek Souvlaki With Yogurt Sauce
- Chicken Caesar Kebabs
- Grilled Pesto Chicken and Tomato Kebabs
- Bang Bang Chicken Kebabs
- Chicken or Beef Skewers (Peruvian Anticuchos)
Mexican Lime Chicken Recipe
I made a few minor edits to the original recipe. If you decide to make this dish, I’d love for you to come back and give it a review in the recipe card below.
If you’re on social media, tag me at @17ddblog and show me your creation! Enjoy!
Mexican Lime Chicken
This warm and inviting Mexican Lime Chicken is a family favorite, plus it's low carb so you can lose weight and not get tired of chicken!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- In a large re-sealable bag or shallow bowl, add all ingredients
and fully combine. Allow chicken to marinate for at least two hours inside the refrigerator.
- Remove chicken from mixture and grill over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes per side or until done.
- Allow chicken to rest for about 5 minutes prior to serving.
Approved all cycles.
If you don’t have a grill, you may fry in a pan or bake, depending
on your preference.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)
1 thought on “Mexican Lime Chicken”
Your right about dry chicken breast. The smoothie are good. Can you see what we can do with a smoothie that you can put on chicken breast.