Community member, MaryPat, has developed and loaned me a few of her photos of her food creations. This time she’s created a Turkey Cilantro Enchilada Soup perfect for the 17 Day Diet.
If you haven’t checked out her other healthy soup recipe, MaryPat’s Creamy Apple Carrot and Cauliflower Soup , give it a shot.
MaryPat’s family is no stranger to growing and making their own foods, including homemade salsa.
So when she came up with this recipe for a hearty and healthy soup, I wasn’t surprised one bit!
This enchilada soup creation from MaryPat is right up there with other soups such as Slow Cooker Mexican Cilantro Soup I feature on the blog.
When you decide to make this soup, if you can’t find Frontera Green Chili Enchilada Sauce with Roasted Tomatillo & Garlic mentioned in the recipe, feel free to use your favorite brand or flavor.
There really is no right or wrong way to make this soup. The sky’s the limit!
Without further ado, here’s a recipe straight out of the kitchen of MaryPat C.
This soup is approved for all cycles of the 17 Day Diet. Enjoy!
Other 17 Day Diet Soup Recipes
If you enjoy this Turkey Cilantro Enchilada Soup recipe, you may want to check out my other 17 Day Diet Soup recipes, including a few stews and chili recipes, for good measure:
- Carrot and Apple Soup
- Middle Eastern Turkey and Carrot Stew
- MaryPat’s Creamy Apple, Carrot & Cauliflower Soup
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Homemade Tomato Soup
- Chili Con Carne with Beans
- Butternut Squash Soup
If you make this soup recipe, I’d love for you to come back and review the recipe card below. Plus, if you’re on social media, tag me @17ddblog and show me your soup!
- 1 large Vidalia onion, peeled and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound ground lean turkey
- 8 oz packet of Frontera Green Chili Enchilada Sauce with Roasted Tomatillo & Garlic by Rick Bayless (or any enchilada sauce of your choice)
- 2 32 oz boxes of Low or no-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bunch Cilantro, chopped for recipe and garnish
- Greek or Plain Yogurt for garnish (optional)
- Low or non-fat cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- On medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil into a large soup pot.
- Add onions, garlic, celery and carrots and sauté until onions begin to soften. Add in ground turkey and continue cooking until meat is cooked through.
- Add enchilada sauce to mixture and allow flavors to merry for a few minutes.
- Add chicken broth and allow to simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until carrots are cooked through. At the very end, add a handful of chopped cilantro to soup and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper according to your preference.
- Garnish your bowl of soup with a dollop of Greek or plain yogurt, cheese and chopped cilantro.
Approved all cycles.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. As you know, your health & wellness is a life-long journey and food is one piece of the puzzle. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, helping you with your anti-aging & skincare needs over at my Avon store (come say hi!!), and helping you achieve better health through nature with my other love, Busy Bee’s Wellness Co.