This Slow Cooker Mexican Cilantro Chicken recipe was a huge hit with a previous C1 Challenge and it’s a perfect low-carb solution for the 17 Day Diet.
This recipe also comes straight from my Monthly Dinner Club by Simply17, a weekly meal planning service.
Oh, and if you want your house to smell delicious all day long, then set it in the slow cooker on low so it permeates your entire house while you’re away at work.
This dish can be served in lettuce wraps, homemade cauliflower tortillas, or as a topping over lettuce greens.
This is a perfect main entree for the family as non-dieters can use regular tortillas to make tacos or burritos while you have a healthier version.
Yes, that’s right! One dinner for the entire family!
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 Jar Low-Sugar Salsa (16 oz)
- 1/3 Cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Limes, juiced
- In a small bowl, add the seasonings and mix well.
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker. Sprinkle Mexican seasoning over chicken, then cover with salsa, cilantro and lime juice
- Cook on high for 4 hours, or 6-7 hours on low.
- When chicken is cooked. Remove from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Add juice from slow cooker to chicken until you reach your desired finish.
- Serve chicken as taco wraps, or over bed of lettuce. Be creative with toppings including shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped tomatoes and olives.
Approved for all cycles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, My Lil’ Food Journal for The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)