Sometimes you want to make fajitas on a super hot skillet (like they do in restaurants), but don’t necessarily want to smoke up your kitchen!
Well, now you can use your oven and have a tasty meal without all the extra fuss.
Plus, it’s a perfect low-carb dinner for the 17 Day Diet.
A blog reader and fellow C1 17 Day Challenge Participant posted a really easy and delicious Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas recipe on my Facebook page and decided to share it with you!
With her permission, I’m posting her version of the recipe she found online at the Getting Healthy-Staying Healthy site (note: I was unable to find the original recipe online to give credit to).
This is a perfect meal for Cycle 1 of the 17 Day Diet. For Cycle 2, use beef as an alternative protein.
Here is blog reader, Karen R.’s version along with her photo of the finished dish!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken strips in a greased 13×9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt.
- Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
- Next add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
Approved all cycles