This dish has probably been the most popular ever when I featured it in my last C1 Challenge. It was such a hit that I decided to also feature it in my newly updated Simple N’ Lean 17 meal plan for the 17 Day Diet.
This version is slightly modified than the one I featured previously – I opted for fresh cauliflower (rather than frozen), I added a bit of cheddar cheese on top for extra color, and let it brown up nicely under the broiler.
I had to use this photo below, mainly to showcase my collection of vintage Pyrex dishes! This recipe really is a keeper – it will likely be on a monthly (if not bi-monthly) rotation in my house!
It’s so good, you’ll want to have leftovers for the next day! So you may want to double your recipe!! Enjoy!
- 16 oz bag of fresh cauliflower florets, ends removed and roughly chopped into smaller pieces
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 Large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup of your favorite low-sugar Salsa Verde + a bit more for extra flavor (I really like the flavor of Sam's Choice Salsa Verde)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese, for sprinkling on the top (for added color)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Steam or microwave cauliflower until barely fork tender. Remove excess liquid and set aside. If you have a colander, place cooked cauliflower in colander and let it drain while you're mixing the rest of your ingredients together.
In a large bowl add cream cheese, chicken, salsa, salt and pepper, ½ cup of mozzarella cheese and Greek Yogurt. Stir until well combined.
Add cauliflower to bowl and gently fold until combined.
Add mixture to a 7x11 oven safe dish. Add the remaining ½ cup cheese to top as well as a sprinkle of cheddar and bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
When the dish is finished baking, turn your broiler on high and allow cheddar to slightly brown.
Prep time includes cooking and shredding chicken before hand.
Approved for all cycles