Holy cow! If you’re looking for a low carb soup that’s going to fill your house with fragrant smells, you’re going to want to try this low carb Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup!
It’s really THAT good!
This Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe is one of my favorites and it literally makes my mouth water whenever I make it!
It’s full of flavor and perfect if you’re looking to lose weight, especially with basically any low carb diet.
Chicken Enchilada Soup Ingredients
This soup features three of my favorite peppers – bell pepper, jalapeño pepper and Serrano chili pepper.
I’m not a fan of green bell peppers. I love the sweetness of the orange, red and yellow peppers.
It’s a personal preference as to which color and flavor you’re looking for – my personal vote is the red bell pepper.
Next, let’s talk about Jalapeño peppers!
I love Jalapeño peppers in everything! I usually stick to the pickled variety with that extra vinegary flavor, but this recipe calls for a fresh pepper.
If you want to add a bit of heat to this dish, keep a little bit of the inside of the pepper where the seeds are attached, called the “pith”.
Finally, the Serrano pepper is great if you want extra heat!
Serrano peppers are small, but they pack in a lot of heat.
I’ve never eaten a Serrano pepper by itself, so I’m not sure what the flavor is like, but it definitely packs some extra spiciness.
Not only is this soup tasty and healthy with all the yummy peppers, but it’s one of those “set it and forget it” recipes.
Yes, you heard me right! This is a slow cooker recipe you can get set up in the morning on your way to work and enjoy when you get home for dinner! It’s that easy!
This recipe was a HUGE hit during a previous C1 Challenge, so I’m proud to present you with a soup that will likely become a staple in your household (bonus: your entire family will love this!).
Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup for the 17 Day Diet
If you’re eating low carb on the 17 Day Diet, you can certainly have this yummy low carb chicken enchilada soup on all cycles of the diet.
Consider switching things up if you’re on Cycle 2 or 3 – beef or pork would make for a yummy soup, too!
If you’re not sure which foods are allowed when, make sure you check out my 17 Day Diet Cycle 1 Food List for all the info!
You can also check out my book on Amazon called Fast Track Your Weight Loss With the 17 Day Diet which has all the food lists (and a 7 day meal plan, too!).
Can I have Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup on the Kickstart Diet?
Yes, you can definitely have this delicious low carb chicken enchilada soup while on the 17 Day Kickstart Diet. You can have this dish starting on the 3-Day Scrub Phase.
The toppings you use will need to be compliant for the phase you’re on – for example, if you’re in the first phase, skip the dairy!
If you’re not sure which foods are allowed during each phase, make sure you take a look at my 17 Day Kickstart Diet Food List.
Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup
If you’re on the Keto Diet, this dish can be eaten as is. Depending on your macros, you may want to use a fattier piece of chicken, or use bee or pork if you need to increase your fat macros.
When selecting toppings, opt for full fat cheese and sour cream.
Toppings for Chicken Enchilada Crockpot
Here are a few ideas on ingredients you can use to top your yummy soup:
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Sliced of Jalapeño
- Fresh Tomatoes
- Twist of lime
- Tortilla Chips if you’re not low carb
17 Day Diet Soup
If you enjoy this Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe, you may want to check out my other 17 Day Diet Soup recipes, including a few stews and chili recipes, for good measure:
- Carrot and Apple Soup
- Roasted Tomato & Barley Soup
- Middle Eastern Turkey and Carrot Stew
- Turkey Cilantro Enchilada Soup
- MaryPat’s Creamy Apple, Carrot & Cauliflower Soup
- Homemade Tomato Soup
- Chili Con Carne with Beans
- Butternut Squash Soup
Other Low Carb Mexican Recipes
If you’re a Mexican food lover like me and enjoy this recipe, you might want to try these other recipes:
- Chicken with Mexican Dry Rub and Fruit Salsa
- One Skillet Chicken Taco Casserole
- Chicken Fajitas
- Mexican Beef Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Green Chili Chicken Enchilada with Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Nachos
- Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken
- Slow Cooker Mexican Cilantro Chicken
- Mexican Lime Chicken
- Christine’s Mexican Turkey Chili
- Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas
Did you make this soup and really love it? If so, I’d appreciate it if you’d come back and review the recipe card below. Plus, if you’re on social media, tag me @17ddblog and show me your soup!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, de-seeded and diced
- 1 Serrano chili, de-seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock (or broth)
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Tortilla Strips/Chips (if not low carb)
- Add the chicken to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, Serrano chili, and garlic on top of the chicken.
- Next, pour the diced tomatoes and chicken stock over the top.
- Sprinkle with the spices and seasonings over the top.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours.
- Use a fork to shred the chicken before serving.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings such as cilantro, cheese, sour cream, and onions!
17 Day Diet - all cycles
The 17 Day Kickstart Diet - all phases
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)