Holy cow! If you’re looking for a healthy soup that’s going to fill your house with fragrant smells, this is the one you need to try! It’s full of flavor and perfect if you’re looking to lose weight, especially with the 17 Day Diet.
This soup features three of my favorite peppers – bell pepper, jalapeño pepper and Serrano chili pepper.
I’m not a fan of green bell peppers. I love the sweetness of the orange, red and yellow peppers.
It’s a personal preference as to which color and flavor you’re looking for – my personal vote is the red bell pepper.
Next, let’s talk about Jalapeño peppers!
I love Jalapeño peppers in everything! I usually stick to the pickled variety with that extra vinegary flavor, but this recipe calls for a fresh pepper.
If you want to add a bit of heat to this dish, leave a few seeds in.
Finally, the Serrano pepper is great if you want extra heat!
Serrano peppers are small, but they pack in a lot of heat. I’ve never eaten a Serrano pepper by itself, so I’m not sure what the flavor is like, but it definitely packs some extra spiciness.
Not only is this soup tasty and healthy with all the yummy peppers, but it’s one of those “set it and forget it” recipes.
Yes, you heard me right! This is a slow cooker recipe you can get set up in the morning on your way to work and enjoy when you get home for dinner! It’s that easy!
This recipe was a HUGE hit during my last C1 Challenge, so I’m proud to present you with a soup that will likely become a staple in your household (bonus: your entire family will love this!).
Another bonus is that this soup is 17 Day Diet compliant and you can enjoy this during all cycles!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, de-seeded and diced
- 1 Serrano chili, de-seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock (or broth)
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Low-Fat Sour Cream (optional)
- Add the chicken to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, Serrano chili, and garlic on top of the chicken.
- Next, pour the diced tomatoes and chicken stock over the top.
- Sprinkle with the spices and seasonings over the top.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours.
- Use a fork to shred the chicken before serving.
- Garnish with cilantro and a dollop of low-fat sour cream.
Approved all cycles.