Holy cow! If you’re looking for a healthy soup that’s going to fill your house with fragrant smells, this is the one you need to try!
This Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe is one of my favorites and it literally makes my mouth water whenever I make it!
It’s full of flavor and perfect if you’re looking to lose weight, especially with the 17 Day Diet.
This soup features three of my favorite peppers – bell pepper, jalapeño pepper and Serrano chili pepper.
I’m not a fan of green bell peppers. I love the sweetness of the orange, red and yellow peppers.
It’s a personal preference as to which color and flavor you’re looking for – my personal vote is the red bell pepper.
Next, let’s talk about Jalapeño peppers!
I love Jalapeño peppers in everything! I usually stick to the pickled variety with that extra vinegary flavor, but this recipe calls for a fresh pepper.
If you want to add a bit of heat to this dish, leave a few seeds in.
Finally, the Serrano pepper is great if you want extra heat!
Serrano peppers are small, but they pack in a lot of heat. I’ve never eaten a Serrano pepper by itself, so I’m not sure what the flavor is like, but it definitely packs some extra spiciness.
Not only is this soup tasty and healthy with all the yummy peppers, but it’s one of those “set it and forget it” recipes.
Yes, you heard me right! This is a slow cooker recipe you can get set up in the morning on your way to work and enjoy when you get home for dinner! It’s that easy!
This recipe was a HUGE hit during a previous C1 Challenge, so I’m proud to present you with a soup that will likely become a staple in your household (bonus: your entire family will love this!).
Another bonus is that this soup is 17 Day Diet compliant and you can enjoy this during all cycles!
Other 17 Day Diet Soups
If you enjoy this Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe, you may want to check out my other 17 Day Diet Soup recipes, including a few stews and chili recipes, for good measure:
- Carrot and Apple Soup
- Roasted Tomato & Barley Soup
- Middle Eastern Turkey and Carrot Stew
- Turkey Cilantro Enchilada Soup
- MaryPat’s Creamy Apple, Carrot & Cauliflower Soup
- Homemade Tomato Soup
- Chili Con Carne with Beans
- Butternut Squash Soup
Other Low Carb Mexican Recipes
If you’re a Mexican food lover like me and enjoy this recipe, you might want to try these other recipes:
- Chicken with Mexican Dry Rub and Fruit Salsa
- One Skillet Chicken Taco Casserole
- Chicken Fajitas
- Mexican Beef Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Green Chili Chicken Enchilada with Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Nachos
- Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken
- Slow Cooker Mexican Cilantro Chicken
- Mexican Lime Chicken
- Christine’s Mexican Turkey Chili
- Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas
If you make this soup recipe, I’d love for you to come back and review the recipe card below. Plus, if you’re on social media, tag me @17ddblog and show me your soup!
Chicken Enchilada Soup (Slow Cooker)
Spicy, yet tasty - this soup will make your house smell so good!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, de-seeded and diced
- 1 Serrano chili, de-seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock (or broth)
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Low-Fat Sour Cream (optional)
- Add the chicken to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, Serrano chili, and garlic on top of the chicken.
- Next, pour the diced tomatoes and chicken stock over the top.
- Sprinkle with the spices and seasonings over the top.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours.
- Use a fork to shred the chicken before serving.
- Garnish with cilantro and a dollop of low-fat sour cream.
Approved all cycles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)
2 thoughts on “Chicken Enchilada Soup (Slow Cooker)”
Can you make this in the foodi using a the pressure cooker function? How long do you think I would cook it ?
Hi Jackie! I’m pretty sure most soup recipes can be converted to using a pressure cooker. I don’t personally own one, so I don’t know what the conversion would be, but I’m sure it’s fairly close to other similar recipes. If you try it in a pressure cooker, come back and let me know how it turns out!