MaryPat is at it again! MaryPat is a member of the 17 Day Diet community and she posts the most gorgeous photos of her meals. Her latest creation is a perfect soup for the 17 Day Diet called MaryPat’s Creamy Apple, Carrot & Cauliflower Soup.
In case you didn’t see her last soup recipe, check out her Turkey Cilantro Enchilada Soup.
Here’s MaryPat’s latest creation — a creamy soup made from apples, carrots, cauliflower and a few spices.
Once you get to the point that all ingredients are cooked and you blend everything together, what results is a very creamy soup!
This soup may be served hot or cold (MaryPat gives her thumbs up especially on the cold version) and is approved for all cycles.
If you’re planning on eating this for a meal, you may want to consider eating for lunch as it does have some fruit in it.
Other 17 Day Diet Soups
If you enjoy MaryPat’s Creamy Apple, Carrot & Cauliflower Soup recipe, you may want to check out my other 17 Day Diet Soup recipes, including a few stews and chili recipes, for good measure:
- Carrot and Apple Soup
- Middle Eastern Turkey and Carrot Stew
- Turkey Cilantro Enchilada Soup
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Homemade Tomato Soup
- Chili Con Carne with Beans
- Butternut Squash Soup
If you make this soup recipe, I’d love for you to come back and review the recipe card below. Plus, if you’re on social media, tag me @17ddblog and show me your soup!
- 1 sweet onion
- 4 gloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 Apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 pound package baby carrots
- 1 Medium Head Cauliflower, core and cut florets or 1 package of florets
- 1 32 oz Vegetable Broth
- 3 Laughing Cow Triangles (flavor of your choice) or 3/4 cup non or low fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons Parmesan Cheese
- Nutmeg to taste
- Ginger to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Greek yogurt, garnish
- Chives for garnish
- Cilantro for garnish
- In a large pot, sauté sweet onion and garlic with 2 teaspoons olive oil on medium heat.
- Add the chopped apple and sauté until caramelized. Set aside.
- In another pot, boil baby carrots and cauliflower florets in water until tender.
- When vegetables are tender, strain carrots and cauliflower and add to your onion, apple, and garlic mixture.
- Add one box of vegetable broth to your mixture and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use an immersion blender or process in a blender or food processor until mixture is smooth.
- Return mixture to soup pot and add three Laughing Cow triangles or cream cheese for creaminess and Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt, pepper, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Top with dollop of Greek yogurt, chopped chives and cilantro.
Approved all cycles.
Photos courtesy of MaryPat C. Make sure you check out MaryPat’s Facebook Page for her business, Beyond Necessity Gifts.