If you’re looking for low carb chicken fajitas, look no further! This yummy keto fajitas recipe is a winner-winner chicken dinner, especially one the entire family can eat, even if they are not trying to lose weight!
If you’re on the 17 Day Diet, you’re in luck!
This Low Carb Chicken Fajitas recipe can be enjoyed on all cycles.
If you happen to be on the 17 Day Kickstart or Keto Diet, keep reading as I’ll give you the rundown for these low carb diets, too!
Low Carb Chicken Fajitas Ingredients
This is your basic fajita recipe with few ingredients that pack a punch of flavor! Here they are:
- Bell Pepper
- Spices such as chili powder, cumin and oregano
- Limes for serving
- Cilantro or Parsley for garnish
Ingredient Substitutions for Chicken Fajitas
If you’re like me and you like to switch recipes up every once in a while, here are a few alternative or additional ingredients you can use for this Low Carb Chicken Fajitas recipe:
- Pablano Peppers
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Beef instead of chicken
- Chipotle Seasoning
If you’re on Cycle 2 of the 17 Day Diet or need more fat on Keto, consider using beef instead of chicken.
I also like the flavor of Pablano peppers and they mellow out a bit in terms of spice once you saute them up!
A little fresh tomato on top would be tasty, too!
Toppings for Low Carb Fajitas
If you’re the type of person who likes to pile toppings onto your low carb chicken fajitas like you would a big pile of nachos, here are a few suggestions:
- Sour cream
- Green Onion
Low Carb Chicken Fajitas on the 17 Day Diet
Like I mentioned earlier, this Low Carb Chicken Fajitas recipe can be eaten on all cycles of the 17 Day Diet. If you’re on cycle 2, consider using beef instead of chicken.
If you’re on Cycle 3, you can use low carb tortillas, or even my Cauliflower Tortillas recipe on all cycles.
Is This Chicken Fajitas Recipe Approved for the 17 Day Kickstart Diet?
Yes, you can certainly have this Low Carb Chicken Fajitas recipe on the 17 Day Kickstart Diet.
This dish can be served on all phases of the Kickstart Diet.
Where you may need to watch ingredients is the extra toppings such as sour cream, cheese, etc. Best to skip these in order to make it compliant for all phases.
If you’re not sure which foods are approved for each phase, consider checking out my 17 Day Kickstart Diet Food List.
You can also check out my book on Amazon called Fast Track Your Weight Loss With the 17 Day Diet which has all the food lists (and a 7 day meal plan, too!).
Keto Fajitas – Is This Approved for the Keto Diet?
1000% yes, this Low Carb Chicken Fajitas recipe is Keto Friendly.
If your macros allow for it, consider low carb tortillas or opt for a side salad.
If you need more fat in your day, skip the chicken and opt for beef (or use dark meat chicken).
Other Low Carb Mexican Inspired Recipes
If you’re a Mexican food lover like me and enjoy this Low Carb Chicken Fajitas recipe, you might want to try these other recipes:
- Chicken with Mexican Dry Rub and Fruit Salsa
- One Skillet Chicken Taco Casserole
- Green Chili Chicken Enchilada with Cauliflower
- Mexican Beef Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Chicken Enchilada Soup (Slow Cooker)
- Cauliflower Nachos
- Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas
- Turkey Cilantro Enchilada Soup
- Mexican Lime Chicken
- Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken
- Christine’s Mexican Turkey Chili
- Slow Cooker Mexican Cilantro Chicken
If you enjoy this recipe, please come back to review the recipe card below. If you’re on social media, make sure you tag me @17ddblog so I can see your meal!
Low Carb Chicken Fajitas
These tasty low carb chicken fajitas are perfect for any evening when you're craving Mexican-inspired flavors!
- 1 onion (any color), thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers (any color), thinly sliced
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips or bite size chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Lime Wedges, for garnish
- Cilantro or Parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil in a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add onion and pepper to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Saute until vegetables start to become tender, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Once done, transfer to a plate, cover and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil to the same skillet on medium high heat. Add chicken strips or chunks and season with salt and pepper.
- Saute chicken on both sides until browned and cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes, depending on thickness. Season the chicken with chili powder, cumin and oregano and give it a quick toss to fully coat.
- Add garlic to skillet and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and pepper back to the skillet and toss everything together. Lower heat to low, and add a little water to the skillet, if needed.
- Allow the vegetables to warm through uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Serve with caulfilower tortillas, low carb tortillas, or with your favorite side vegetagbles or salad.
17 Day Diet - all cycles
17 Day Kickstart Diet - all phases
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)
4 thoughts on “Chicken Fajitas”
Looks good and simple
It’s disappointing to be on week one and get a great recipe only to read that it’s really a cycle 3 recipe. Aren’t there 7 days worth if just cycle one recipes? If not I’m really intimidated that by day 4 I’m out if options.
LeeAnn, if you’re talking about the fajita recipe, it IS for cycle 1. The addition of the tortilla at the end of the recipe is a SUGGESTION for Cycle 3. Use chicken if you’re on C1.