Summer grilling is all about juicy, tender beef skewers. If you’re looking for new ways to flavor up your beef, give this Chimichurri Steak Kabobs recipes a shot!
Choose your own veggies and cut of beef, fire up the grill and get ready for a low carb barbecue dinner recipe that the entire family will love.
If you happen to be losing weight during the Summer, this is the perfect low carb kabob for you to try!
I think you’ll love it so much that you’ll definitely want to add it to your list of Summer BBQ recipe ideas for future grilling parties!
Whether you’re on the 17 Day Diet, the 17 Day Kickstart Diet or the Keto Diet, this kabob recipe is for you!
Keep reading as I’ll let you know which cycles/phases this is allowed, and all the yummy substitutions if beef is not your jam!
Chimichurri Main Ingredients
This chimichurri sauce recipe actually comes from my 17 Day Diet Cycle 2 meal plan for the Summer season.
This sauce is fairly simple to make. It only includes a few key ingredients, which include:
- fresh parsley (or cilantro)
- garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- red wine vinegar
- olive oil
Chimichurri Recipe with Cilantro
I chose parsley for this particular recipe as I know cilantro is sort of hit or miss most people.
You either love or hate cilantro.
If you fall into the love category, you can definitely customize this recipe and use cilantro instead of parsley.
You can also use half parsley and half cilantro if you want both flavors. The choice is yours!
Chicken with Chimichurri Sauce
This Chimichurri Beef Kabobs recipe uses your favorite cut of meat. However, if you’re not a huge fan of beef, you can definitely make chicken with chimichurri sauce instead.
Either leaner chicken breast or a littler fattier dark thigh meat would be just fine with this recipe.
If you choose to use chicken instead of beef, make sure you grill your chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Chimichurri Beef Kabobs with Vegetables
While this recipe is mainly all about the chimichurri sauce, you can certainly add vegetables to your beef skewers (or serve veggies on the side if you want).
Here are a few ideas for beef skewers with vegetables:
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Zucchini and/or Squash
- Bell Peppers
- Pieces of corn on the cob
Chimichurri Sauce for the 17 Day Diet
If you’re eating low carb on the 17 Day Diet, you can certainly have this Chimichurri Beef Kabobs recipe starting on cycle 2 when beef is approved.
If you want to make this chimichurri recipe in Cycle 1, simply use chicken instead.
If you’re not sure which foods are allowed when, make sure you check out my 17 Day Diet Cycle 1 Food List for all the info!
You can also check out my book on Amazon called Fast Track Your Weight Loss With the 17 Day Diet which has all the food lists (and a 7 day meal plan, too!).
Can I have Chimichurri Sauce on the Kickstart Diet?
Yes, you can definitely have Chimichurri Sauce while on the 17 Day Kickstart Diet. If you use beef, you can enjoy this dish starting on the 10-Day Stabilize Phase.
If you want to flavor up your kabobs with Chimichurri Sauce earlier on the Kickstart Diet, use chicken instead of beef and you can use this recipe from day 1.
If you’re not sure which foods are allowed during each phase, make sure you take a look at my 17 Day Kickstart Diet Food List.
Is Chimichurri Keto?
Losing weight with a low carb Keto Diet? If so, you can certainly use this recipe while on the Keto Diet.
A fattier cut of beef makes a great alternative if you need to increase your fat macros for the day.
More Low Carb Kabob/Skewer Recipes for the Grill
If you enjoy this recipe, consider trying out these others that are perfect for grilling weather:
- Bang Bang Chicken Kebabs
- Tahini Chicken Skewers
- Grilled Lemon Sriracha Shrimp
- Greek Souvlaki With Yogurt Sauce
- Chicken Caesar Kebabs
- Grilled Pesto Chicken and Tomato Kebabs
- Chicken or Beef Skewers (Peruvian Anticuchos)
Healthy Grilling Recipes for Summer
Here are a few more recipes for summer you ought to try:
If you enjoy this Chimichurri Beef Kabobs recipe, make sure you come back to review the recipe card below. If you’re on social, make sure you tag me @17ddblog so I can see your kabobs!
- 1 pound sirloin, cut into 1-inch bite size chunks (or your favorite cut of beef or chicken)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Your favorite vegetables cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- Olive Oil
- Wooden Skewers
For the Chimichurri Sauce:
- 1 cup fresh parsley (or cilantro), packed (stems removed)
- 1 small shallot
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- Pinch black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium high heat (425 degrees F).
While skewers are soaking and grill is preheating, make the sauce:
- Place all sauce ingredients (except for the vinegar and olive oil) into a food processor and pulse until chopped, but still chunky.
- Next, add the vinegar and pulse again. While processing, slowly add a steady stream of olive oil to the mixture until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Prepare the kabobs
- Thread the beef and vegetable chunks onto wooden skewers and season with salt and pepper.
- Once grill is hot (and cleaned) brush a little olive oil over the grates and grill skewered meat and veggies until the internal temperature reaches 140 to 145 degrees F., about 8 to 9 minutes total.
- Once finished cooking, transfer kabobs to a plate, cover and set aside for five minutes.
- When you're ready to serve, drizzle a little Chimicurri Sauce over the grilled kabobs. You may use any extra for dipping sauce.
17 Day Diet - Cycles 2 and 3 (use chicken for Cycle 1)
17 Day Kickstart Diet - 10-Day Stabilize Phase (use chicken for earlier phases)
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)