If you’ve been looking for more chicken and asparagus recipes, you’re in the right place. This low carb Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry is an easy recipe to use if you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner or lunch.
This low carb chicken stir fry is one the entire family will love, even if you’re the only one trying to lose weight!
Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!
This Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry comes from my Fresh & Clean 17 Cycle 1 Meal Plan that was inspired for the Spring and Summer months when asparagus is in season and you want something quick and healthy.
Fresh & Clean 17 was the meal plan we used for our Spring Cycle 1 Challenge for a few years and I thought it would be fun to bring this recipe out of the vault, update it just a bit and share it on my blog!
Chicken Breast Asparagus Recipe
If you’re a fan of the 17 Day Diet, then you know that lean chicken is the name of the game.
This low carb stir fry uses lean chicken breasts as its main protein.
However, if you are on a Keto Diet or any other low carb lifestyle, you can certainly use chicken thighs. They will be a bit juicier and have more flavor because the thighs contain more fat.
If you happen to eat more plant-based, you can also use tofu instead of chicken.
One Pan Chicken and Asparagus
The chicken and asparagus, along with its sauce, are all cooked in one pan so it’s an easy dish to make and clean up!
If you do serve this over the cauliflower rice, you’ll likely have a separate pan to cook the rice (or you can likely microwave if you’re using a bag of frozen cauliflower rice).
Who doesn’t love a one pan chicken and asparagus meal?
Keto Stir Fry Vegetables
If you want to add more low carb, non starchy vegetables to your Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry, here are a few ideas:
- Shredded Cabbage
- Green Beans
- Bell Peppers
Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry
This low carb chicken stir fry dish is even better served over cauliflower rice. You’re adding more fiber without all the carbs.
Another win in my book!
Cauliflower rice is a low carb alternative to starchy rice. If you’re trying to lose weight, this cauliflower rice stir fry will be a life saver!
The beauty of cauliflower rice is that it takes on the flavors you add to the dish.
If you’re not watching your carb intake, you can easily skip the cauliflower rice and use regular rice instead.
If you’re making this recipe for non-dieting family members, then serving their serving of stir fry over regular rice is a good way to sneak in your healthier foods at dinner time.
Low Sugar Stir Fry Sauce
This Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry is low carb so the sauce itself does not contain any sugar.
This is perfect, especially if you’re on a Keto Diet. The sauce is fairly simple, and here are some of the ingredients you’ll need:
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce or Liquid Coonut Aminos
- Rice Wine Vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- Sesame Oil
How to Stir Fry Asparagus
First, you’ll cook the chicken pieces in a large skillet.
Once the chicken is cooked through, and you’ve trimmed the ends of the asparagus, you’ll cut them into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
Next, you’ll add the asparagus to the same skillet and sauté them for two to three minutes until they start to slightly brown.
Next, you’ll add the ingredients for the sauce to the chicken and asparagus and stir to combine.
If your skillet needs a little water, you’ll add this now, cover and allow the asparagus to steam until it’s cooked to your liking.
Stir Fry Asparagus for the 17 Day Diet
If you’re on the 17 Day Diet, then this Chicken and Asparagus was created specifically for you!
Since it’s a low carb chicken stir fry, you can have this meal on all cycles.
If you’re not sure which foods are allowed when, make sure you check out my 17 Day Diet Cycle 1 Food List.
You can also check out my book on Amazon called Fast Track Your Weight Loss With the 17 Day Diet which has all the food lists (and a 7 day meal plan, too!).
Can I Have This Low Carb Stir Fry on the Kickstart Diet?
If you happen to be losing weight with the 17 Day Kickstart Diet, then this low carb chicken stir fry is for you, too!
All the ingredients of this Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry, including the soy sauce and oils, are all listed on the approved 17 Day Kickstart Food List for all phases.
That means you can enjoy this recipe from day 1!
Keto Stir Fry
If you’re losing weight on a Keto Diet, you’re in luck, too! This low carb stir fry can be eaten as-is!
If you’re looking to increase your fat macros for the day, you may want to switch to dark meat such as thighs so you can get your fat in for the day!
Otherwise, chicken breasts are a good clean option for protein and a little fat!
Keto Friendly Stir Fry Sauce
The sauce used in this stir fry recipe is fairly simple and uses few ingredients.
There is no added sugar or starch (such as cornstarch or arrowroot) so you don’t have to worry about excluding those added carbs.
If you need to increase your fat macros for the day, consider adding a little extra sesame oil to your sauce or a drizzle over the top of your stir fry!
Other Spring Cleanse Detox Recipes
This Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry recipe can be eaten year-round even though it was specifically created for my previous Spring Cycle 1 Challenge where we used my Fresh & Clean 17 Cycle 1 Meal Plan (the plan is now available during the Spring and Summer months).
If you enjoy this recipe, you may want to try out these other Fresh & Clean 17 recipes:
- Lemony Chicken and Kale Detox Soup
- Chicken Cabbage & Broccoli Stir Fry
- Chicken Lombardy
- Keto Salmon With Lemon Dijon Sauce
More Low Carb Stir Fry Recipes
If you’re looking for more quick healthy dinner recipes, give these stir fry recipes a try:
- Egg Roll in a Bowl a la Judy
- Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Beef Steak Stir Fry with Peppers
- Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Asian Inspired Low Carb Recipes
Here are a few more Asian-inspired healthy family dinners, so make sure you check these out:
- Ground Turkey Asian Lettuce Wraps
- Cool Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Bang Bang Chicken Kebabs
- Faux Fried Rice (Cauliflower)
- Grilled Lemon Sriracha Shrimp
If you make this yummy Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry, please come back and review the recipe card below.
Are you on Facebook or Instagram? Tag me @17ddblog so I can see your yummy low carb stir fry dish!
Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry
This low carb Keto Friendly Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry is a quick and healthy dinner for all nights of the week.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound asparagus spears ends trimmed off and cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
For the Sauce:
- 2-3 Tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 inch ginger root, minced (or 1/4 teaspoon powdered or more to taste)
- Pepper, to taste
- Water to steam
For riced cauliflower:
- 1 small head of cauliflower (or package of cauliflower florets/riced cauliflower)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Heat 1 Tablespoon Olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat.
- Place the chicken pieces into the skillet in a single layer and cook on both sides for 3 to 4 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. (Limit the salt at this point as you'll add soy sauce later)
- Add remaining oil and asparagus to the skillet and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes until asparagus begins to cook through.
- In a small bowl, add the sauce ingredients and mix well.
- Add the sauce to the skillet and stir to combine.
- If your skillet needs a bit of water, pour some into the skillet, stir, and place a lid over the skillet to allow the asparagus to steam up and get crisp tender, about 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove all greens from cauliflower and cut into sections, large enough to handle or small enough for your food processor. Wash and thoroughly dry the cauliflower sections.
- Either grate the cauliflower using a box grater or pulse using a food processor to make rice-sized pieces. Set aside in large bowl.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Once pan is very hot, add riced cauliflower and season with salt and pepper. Sauté the cauliflower for 3 minutes.
- Serve stir fry over riced cauliflower.
- Garnish stir fry with sesame seeds, chili flakes, green onions, hot sauce, etc. (optional)
For the riced cauliflower:
If you use frozen cauliflower rice, follow the directions to steam on the package. Otherwise, do as follows:
17 Day Diet - all cycles
17 Day Kickstart Diet - all phases
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)