If you’re looking for easy recipes with ground turkey, you’ve quite possibly found the best Ground Turkey and Broccoli Bowls that are not only simple to make, but low carb and great for weight loss!
This ground turkey stir fry recipe uses minimal ingredients, full of nutritious foods like broccoli and lean protein and it’s something you can easily whip up on a busy weeknight.
I will even bet your entire family will dig into this yummy asian-inspired turkey broccoli stir fry.
Ingredients for Turkey and Broccoli Stir Fry
Like most of my low carb recipes, this dish is fairly easy to make. It only includes a few key ingredients, which include:
- Ground turkey
- Red Bell Pepper
- Soy Sauce or coconut aminos
- Sesame Oil
Protein Alternatives For Your Stir Fry
If you’re not a fan of turkey, you can really use most any protein. Here are a few examples to use instead:
- Ground Chicken (or cut up pieces of chicken breast)
- Ground Beef
- Ground Pork
Additional Vegetable Ingredients For Your Turkey and Broccoli Stir Fry
If you want to add even more veggies to your Ground Turkey and Broccoli Bowl, or if you’re not a huge fan of broccoli, here are a few ideas on what you can add to your bowl:
- Green Beans
How to Serve Ground Turkey and Broccoli Bowls
If you want to keep things simple, simply serve your ground turkey and broccoli bowls as-is.
However, if you are low carb and want to add a bit more substance, you can serve your turkey and broccoli over cauliflower rice or you may sauté some shredded cabbage to add to your bowls, too.
If you’re not low carb or you’re on Cycle 2 or Cycle 3 of the 17 Day Diet, you can add in the following:
- Basmati Rice
- Brown Rice
- Veggie Based Noodle (Cycle 3)
17 Day Diet Stir Fry Recipe
If you’re eating low carb on the 17 Day Diet, you can certainly enjoy this Ground Turkey and Broccoli Bowls recipe on all cycles of the diet.
If you’re not sure which foods are allowed when, make sure you check out my 17 Day Diet Cycle 1 Food List for all the info!
You can also check out my book on Amazon called Fast Track Your Weight Loss With the 17 Day Diet which has all the food lists (and a 7 day meal plan, too!).
Can I Have This Stir Fry on the Kickstart Diet?
Yes, you can definitely have this yummy turkey and broccoli recipe while on the 17 Day Kickstart Diet. You can have this dish starting on the 3-Day Scrub Phase as long as you use coconut aminos (rather than soy sauce).
If you’re not sure which foods are allowed during each phase, make sure you take a look at my 17 Day Kickstart Diet Food List.
Keto Ground Turkey and Broccoli Recipes
If you’re on the Keto Diet, this stir fry can be eaten as is. Depending on your fat macros, you may want to use beef instead of turkey if you need a little bump in fat for the day.
Asian Inspired Low Carb Recipes
Here are a few more Asian-inspired healthy family dinners, so make sure you check these out:
- Ground Turkey Asian Lettuce Wraps
- Cool Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Bang Bang Salmon & Broccoli Bowls
- Bang Bang Chicken Kebabs
- Egg Roll in a Bowl a la Judy
- Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Beef Steak Stir Fry with Peppers
- Chicken Cabbage and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Faux Fried Rice (Cauliflower)
- Grilled Lemon Sriracha Shrimp
- Tahini Chicken Skewers
If you enjoy this Ground Turkey and Broccoli Bowls recipe make sure you come back to review the recipe card below. If you’re on social, make sure you tag me @17ddblog so I can see your stir fry.
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 12 oz package of Broccoli Florets or 1-2 Crowns cut into florets, lightly steamed crisp tender or to your preferred doneness
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- Cilantro, sesame seeds or green onion for garnish (optional)
For the sauce
- 1-2 Tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Pepper, to taste
- Heat a drizzle of Olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat.
- Place the sliced red bell pepper into the skillet and saute until the bell pepper starts to become tender, about 3 to 4 mintues.
- Once done, transfer the bell pepper to a plate. Set aside.
- Drizzle more olive oil into the same skillet and cook the ground turkey until fully cooked through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. (Lightly salt now as you'll add soy sauce later).
- Add the cooked bell pepper back to the skillet along with the crisp tender broccoli.
- In a small bowl, add the sauce ingredients and mix well.
- Add the sauce to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Lightly toss the ingredients until everything is coated well with the sauce. Lower the temperature to medium, and allow the ingredients to warm through and to soak up the sauce.
- Garnish with your choice of cilantro, sesame seeds, or green onion.
- Serve as-is, over cauliflower rice or regular rice.
17 Day Diet - all cycles
17 Day Kickstart Diet - all phases (use coconut aminos)
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)