We all know that when Cycle 2 of the 17 Day Diet rolls around, one of the things we look forward to is different proteins such as beef! That’s when this yummy Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry comes in handy!
This recipe is super easy and comes from my Mooove Over Chicken recipe book which features over 70 main entree recipes for Cycles 2 and 3 of the diet!
The recipe book comes with a riced cauliflower recipe that you can use wit this Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry, or you can easily use my Faux Fried Rice (Cauliflower) recipe as-is or slightly adjusted to suit your needs.
Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry Ingredients
Well, as usual, it’s simple to know what the main ingredients are of this recipe – beef and broccoli!
Of course, that’s not the only two ingredients you’ll find in this dish.
You’ll have a bit of salty soy sauce, a bit of spice from ginger and red pepper flakes, and a bit more depth of flavor from the yummy garlic.
Simple ingredients, powerful punch of flavor!
Substitutions and Additions to the Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
Of course, if you’re not a fan of spicy food, you can certainly omit the red pepper flakes.
If ginger isn’t on your list of tasty spices, you can definitely sub your favorite spice in its place.
You can add in your favorite stir fry veggies such as bell peppers, onions or even green beans for an extra serving of vegetables!
Other Low Carb Stir Fry Recipes
If you’re a sucker for yummy stir fry recipes, here are a few others you may want to put on your dinner menu for the week:
- Beef Steak Stir Fry With Peppers
- Chicken Cabbage Broccoli Stir Fry
- Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Egg Roll in a Bowl a La Judy
Additional Low Carb Beef Recipes
If you enjoy this Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry recipe, you’ll love these other low carb beef recipes:
If you make this Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry recipe, I’d love to hear what you think! Please come back to review this recipe below. If you’re on social media, tag me @17ddblog so I can see your lovely creation! Enjoy!
- ¾ pound lean top sirloin, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 12 oz package of broccoli florets (4 cups)
- ¼ to ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce (for regular soy sauce, use ¼ cup soy sauce and ¼ cup water)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 – 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Pepper, to taste
- ¼-1/2 cup water, as desired
- Olive oil, for cooking
- In a large bowl, add your thinly sliced steak and
cornstarch. Fully coat the meat.
- Heat a drizzle of Olive Oil in a large pan on medium
heat. Add in enough beef slices to the pan to allow
each slice to fully cook on each side without
touching. You may need to work in batches to ensure
that the pan is not overcrowded with beef to allow
beef to crisp up a bit.
- Once all steak is cooked, place steak on plate, cover
and set aside.
- Next, add broccoli to same pan. Add a bit more oil if
needed. Cook broccoli until it starts to become
tender, about 8 minutes or so.
- While broccoli is cooking, in a small bowl add soy
sauce, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and pepper
stir until well combined. Set aside.
- When broccoli is fully cooked to your desired
doneness, transfer to the same plate as meat. Set
- Add mixture to pan and collect all the bits from the
bottom. Simmer about 1 minute.
- Add meat and broccoli back to pan and stir until well combined with
sauce. Allow meat and broccoli to heat through.
- If sauce is too thick or too salty, add water, as
Approved for cycles 2 and 3
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. As you know, your health & wellness is a life-long journey and food is one piece of the puzzle. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, helping you with your anti-aging & skincare needs over at my Avon store (come say hi!!), and helping you achieve better health through nature with my other love, Busy Bee’s Wellness Co.