When you’re longing for PF Changs Lettuce Wraps or looking for a savory lettuce wrap recipe using ground turkey that’s healthy, look no further because I have something tasty for you! My Ground Turkey Asian Lettuce Wraps recipe is sure to hit a spot when you want a little salty along with crunchy to satisfy that craving!
These ground turkey lettuce wraps are also a healthy alternative to what you’d get in a restaurant because they’re low in sugar.
When you make homemade lettuce wraps in your own kitchen, you get to control the ingredients so you know exactly what you’re eating.
If you’re trying to lose weight on the 17 Day Diet or some other low carb diet, you’re in luck!
These healthy turkey lettuce wraps were created for my 17 Day Diet Cycle 1 meal plan called Delish, so these will be perfect for you!
If you happen to be on the 17 Day Kickstart Diet or Keto Diet, keep reading as I’ll give you the rundown for those diets, too!
Lettuce Wraps Ingredients
These Ground Turkey Asian Lettuce Wraps call for simple ingredients that you likely already have in your kitchen, or can easily grab from the store, if needed. Here are a few of the ingredients:
- Ground Lean Turkey (or you can use chicken)
- Low-Sodium Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- Sesame Oil
- Red Pepper Flakes (if you like a little spice!)
- Green Onions
- Your Favorite Lettuce (butter lettuce is great for wraps)
- Other Veggies (shredded carrots, cabbage, etc
Additional Ingredients For Turkey Lettuce Wraps
If you want to add other ingredients to your lettuce wraps to change up the flavor profile, add some spice or add a little extra crunch, here are a few other ingredients you can add if you like:
- Sriracha sauce (you doesn’t love this!)
- Sriracha Mayo
- Bean sprouts
- Shredded Jicama
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Thinly sliced bell pepper
- Crispy noodles
Best Lettuce for Wraps
The sky is the limit when you choose the best lettuce to use for your Ground Turkey Asian Lettuce Wraps. This recipe specifically calls for Butter Lettuce, but any sturdy leafy green lettuce will do.
Here are a few examples for best lettuce for wraps:
- Boston Bibb Lettuce
- Butter Lettuce
- Romaine Hearts
- Cabbage Leaves
- Collard Greens
Ideas for Asian Lettuce Wrap Sauce
If you want to add lettuce wrap sauces to your dinner rotation when you have these yummy Ground Turkey Asian Lettuce Wraps, here are a few ideas to keep the flavors fresh and new:
- Spicy Mayo (using Sriracha)
- Low Sugar Chili Sauce
- Spicy Sour Cream Sauce with Soy Sauce and Sriracha
- Thai Peanut Dipping Sauce
- Soy Ginger Dipping Sauce
- Hot Mustard
Healthy Lettuce Wraps for the 17 Day Diet
As I mentioned earlier, this recipe was developed for my Cycle 1 meal plan for the 17 Day Diet (it’s called Delish and it’s available every Spring for a limited time).
If you happen to be on the 17 Day Diet, you can enjoy this ground turkey lettuce wraps recipe on all cycles.
If you want to add more toppings or sauces, then you’ll want to be mindful of ingredients, especially on cycle 1.
If you’re not sure which foods are allowed, you can take a look at my 17 Day Diet Cycle 1 Food List.
You can also check out my book on Amazon called Fast Track Your Weight Loss With the 17 Day Diet which has all the food lists (and a 7 day meal plan, too!).
Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps for the 17 Day Kickstart Diet
If you happen to be on the 17 Day Kickstart Diet, you can enjoy this yummy recipe during all phases!
Instead of soy sauce, use coconut aminos to make this recipe 100% compliant for the Kickstart Diet. I personally like Braggs Liquid Aminos as a healthier alternative to soy sauce.
If you add additional toppings or sauces, keep the 17 Day Kickstart Diet Food List in mind to make sure you’re compliant for the phase you’re currently on.
Turkey Lettuce Wraps for Keto
If you are a die-hard Keto Diet fan, then you’re in luck! These Ground Turkey Asian Lettuce Wraps are perfect for the Keto Diet!
You’re also in luck if you want to add a little extra fat to your daily intake with a yummy spicy mayo or peanut sauce. Just be aware of the sugar content and you’ll be good to go!
A Few More Low Carb Lettuce Wraps
If you love lettuce wraps as much as I do and want to stick to low carb, check out a few more lettuce wraps recipes:
Low Carb Cauliflower Tortilla
If you want to try a really good low carb cauliflower tortilla instead of lettuce for your wraps, check out my Cauliflower Tortillas recipe!
Other Asian Inspired Low Carb Recipes
If you love Asian-inspired food like me, then you might love these other recipes that are low carb:
- Egg Roll in a Bowl a la Judy
- Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry
- Chicken Cabbage & Broccoli Stir Fry
- Low Carb Ground Turkey & Broccoli Bowls
- Bang Bang Chicken Kebabs
- Beef Steak Stir Fry With Peppers
- Faux Fried Rice (Cauliflower)
- Grilled Lemon Sriracha Shrimp
- Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
If you enjoy this Ground Turkey Asian Lettuce Wraps recipe, please come back to review the recipe card below. If you’re on social media, make sure you tag me @17ddblog so I can see your lettuce wraps!
- 1 pound ground lean turkey (or chicken)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger (or ¼ teaspoon dried)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and/or pepper (only if you need it)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cabbage (optional for added bulk and crunch)
- 1 head of butter lettuce, leaves separated (or your favorite lettuce)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground turkey until it's fully cooked and no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Add the sauce to the skillet with the turkey and cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce is absorbed.
- To assemble the wraps, add a spoonful of the turkey mixture to each butter lettuce leaf.
- Top with green onions, carrots, and cilantro.
17 Day Diet - all cycles
17 Day Kickstart Diet - all phases (use liquid aminos)
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)