If you’re tired of eating meat all the time on, tofu is a great source of protein.
I eat tofu on occasion, and when I do, this is usually the way I enjoy it – crispy!
If you’re on the 17 Day Diet, technically tofu is not on the list. However, its cousin tempeh is.
Same applies to the 17 Day Kickstart Diet.
I personally think tofu is fine to use on all cycles of the original diet.
If you want to stick by the book 100%, then use tempeh in this recipe. Keep reading as I’ll talk more about the Kickstart Diet in a bit.
At the end of the day, you do you!
Ingredients for Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry
This recipe involves really simple ingredients. You’ll need:
- Extra firm tofu
- Soy Sauce or Liquid Aminos
- A few seasonings
- Red Chili Flakes
Additional Ingredients for Stir Fry
If you want to add more vegetables, the better! Here are a few ideas on what you can add for all cycles of the 17 Day Diet:
- Sliced carrots
- Green beans
- Bell peppers
More Vegetables for Cycle 3
If you’re on cycle 3 of the 17 Day Diet, you can experiment even more with the following additions:
- Pea pods
Add Starches for Cycle 3
If you like your stir fry over rice or noodles, consider adding in the following if you’re on cycle 3 of the 17 Day Diet:
- Rice (brown or basmati) – this can be used on cycle 2, too!
- Any plant-based pasta
- Udon noodles
- Miracle noodes
Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry for the 17 Day Diet
This recipe can be eaten as is on all cycles of the 17 Day Diet. As I mentioned earlier, tofu is technically not on any food list (however, tempeh is), so you decide if you want to add tofu to your eating plan while on this diet.
Tip: if you want your broccoli to be super flavorful just as the tofu is, instead of steaming it, roast it up in your oven or air fryer to get those tasty little brown pieces that contain so much flavor!
If you’re not sure which foods are allowed during Cycle 1, make sure you take a look at my 17 Day Diet Cycle 1 Food List.
You can also check out my book on Amazon called Fast Track Your Weight Loss With the 17 Day Diet which has all the food lists (and a 7 day meal plan, too!).
Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry for the 17 Day Kickstart Diet
Like the original diet, tofu is also not on the 17 Day Kickstart Diet Food List.
However, tempeh is, so you make the decision if you want to use this recipe with tofu or tempeh.
This recipe is fine to use on all phases of the Kickstart Diet.
Is this Stir Fry Keto Diet Friendly?
If you’re on a Keto Diet, then you too can enjoy this yummy stir fry!
Depending on your individual macros, you may want to be careful about what you add in terms of vegetables (onions, mushrooms, etc).
Other Low Carb Stir Fry Recipes
If you like stir fry recipes, check out these other great dishes!
- Chicken Cabbage & Broccoli Stir Fry
- Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry
- Beef Steak Stir Fry with Peppers
- Egg Roll in a Bowl ala Judy
- Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Asian Inspired Low Carb Recipes
Here are a few more Asian-inspired healthy family dinners, so make sure you check these out:
- Ground Turkey Asian Lettuce Wraps
- Cool Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Bang Bang Chicken Kebabs
- Faux Fried Rice (Cauliflower)
- Grilled Lemon Sriracha Shrimp
Other Vegetarian Recipes
If you want to add more plant based recipes to your meal rotation, consider the following:
- Chickpea Sweet Potato & Spinach Curry
- Kickstart Detox Salad
- Roasted Tomato & Barley Soup
- Banana Protein “Nice” Cream
- Breakfast Chia Pudding
- 90 Second Low Carb Keto Bread
- Homemade Almond Milk
- Healthy Homemade Granola
- Roasted Acorn Squash
- Chickpea, Cauliflower & Quinoa Power Bowl
If you make this Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry, make sure you come back and review the recipe card below.
Plus, if you’re on social media, tag me @17ddblog so I can see your stir fry!
Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry
When you want a Meatless Monday, this Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry is perfect - filled with lots of fiber and plant-based protein!
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 1 large crown broccoli, cut into florets and steamed (roughly 3 to 4 cups)
- 2 Tablespoons of Bragg Liquid Aminos or Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder to taste
- Red Chili Flakes to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil (or Sesame Oil)
- Remove tofu from package.
- Place the tofu block in between two clean dish towels or paper towels. Add something heavy (like a large pan) on top to allow the tofu to release its liquid and dry about a bit. Allow to press for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep the broccoli florets and steam until al dente. Set aside.
- Once tofu is finished pressing, cut into square or rectangular shapes (about 1/2 inch thick pieces).
- Season tofu pieces with salt, pepper and garlic powder on both sides.
- Heat olive or sesame oil in a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add seasoned tofu to the hot skillet and pan-fry until golden brown and crispy on both sides about 10 minutes on each side.
- When tofu is finsihed crisping up, add steamed al dente broccoli to the skillet along with liquid aminos and red chili flakes and lightly toss together. Add more seasoning to your preference.
- Serve immediately.
17 Day Diet - all cycles (see blog post about note on tofu vs. tempeh)
17 Day Kickstart Diet - all phases (see blog post about tofu)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)