When you’re on the 17 Day Diet, especially cycle 1 where you omit most starches (think rice, potatoes, etc), you can really miss fried rice. This Faux Fried Rice is made with cauliflower and hits the spot!
It’s interesting how versatile cauliflower is.
When you use this veggie in place of something else (like rice, for instance), it magically takes on the flavor of what you’re substituting it for. It’s sort of weird!
And I like it!! :)
So if you’re like me and love your fried rice, but don’t want all the extra carbs, especially if you’re on Cycle 1, then use your trusty friend, Cauliflower, and make this healthy version instead.
Here’s a quick fried rice recipe using cauliflower instead of rice.
This is a perfect side dish to pair with Judy’s Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe. I used peas inside for my fried rice, but omit them if you’re on Cycle 1.
More Low-Carb Cauliflower Recipes
If you’re all about the low carb lifestyle and cauliflower is your best friend, here are a few other dishes you might enjoy:
- Green Chili Chicken Enchilada with Cauliflower
- Not Your Momma’s Shepherd’s Pie
- Cauliflower Nachos
- Spicy Lime Cauliflower Steaks
- Mock Mashed Potatoes (Cauliflower)
Low Carb Stir Fry Recipes
If you’re looking for more quick healthy dinner recipes, give these stir fry recipes a try:
- Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Beef Steak Stir Fry with Peppers
- Low Carb Ground Turkey & Broccoli Bowls
- Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry
- Chicken Cabbage & Broccoli Stir Fry
- Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
More Asian Inspired Low Carb Recipes
Here are a few more Asian-inspired healthy family dinners, so make sure you check these out:
- Ground Turkey Asian Lettuce Wraps
- Cool Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Bang Bang Chicken Kebabs
- Grilled Lemon Sriracha Shrimp
- Tahini Chicken Skewers
This faux fried rice is perfect for all cycles of the 17 Day Diet. Enjoy!
If you make this cauliflower fried rice, please consider reviewing the recipe card below and make sure you tag me on social media @17ddblog so I can see your meal!
- 1 10 oz package of Cauliflower Florets or 1 Medium Cauliflower Head, cut into florets
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 6 oz frozen peas and carrots, thawed (1/2 of a 12 oz package) (peas allowed starting C2)
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- Soy Sauce, to taste
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2-3 Green Onions, chopped
- In a food processor or with a grater, rice your cauliflower into rice-sized pieces. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil on medium high to high heat. Sauté thawed peas and carrots and garlic for about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, add your riced cauliflower to the hot pan and cook for about 3 minutes, or just enough to slightly cook through, stirring occasionally.
- When most of the moisture is absorbed in the pan, stir in a few splashes of soy sauce and cook for about a minute.
- Add a few more splashes of soy, to taste, or until the cauliflower takes on a slightly brownish color. Don’t over season with soy sauce or your rice will be mushy and salty. The idea is to keep your pan hot and liquids to a minimum.
- Next, make a well in the center of the pan and add a tablespoon of olive oil and heat through.
- Add your beaten eggs in the center of the pan until almost cooked through. Right before eggs are thoroughly cooked, stir the eggs into the remaining mixture until combined.
- Add in chopped green onions and mix through. Garnish with green onions and serve.
Approved for all cycles.
Omit peas if on Cycle 1 (or use them as there aren't very many!)
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)