During Cycle 1 of the 17 Day Diet it’s mainly all about chicken and fish.
By the time you’re on day 17, you’re ready for something new!
When you progress to Cycle 2, you’re more than happy to add in some yummy beef dishes into your dinner rotation.
Here’s a Beef Steak Stir Fry with Peppers recipe that is a perfect low carb addition when you’re ready for a bit more variety!
Beef Steak Stir Fry with Peppers Ingredients
If you haven’t already noticed, steak and peppers are the main stars of this recipe!
You can use any color bell pepper you like.
If you’re a fan of green, use green.
If you’re like me and love red, use red! The choice is yours!
Other Low Carb Beef Recipes
If you enjoy this recipe, you may want to check out a few others to incorporate into your cycle 2 or 3 dinner rotation:
If you make this Beef Steak Stir Fry with Peppers recipe, I’d love to hear what you think! Please come back to review this recipe below. If you’re on social media, tag me @17ddblog so I can see your lovely creation! Enjoy!
Beef Steak Stir Fry with Peppers
A healthy and low sodium steak stir fry for a flavorful meal.
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 Tablespoons approved sweetener (optional)
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch (or arrowroot powder), divided
- 1¼ pounds flank steak, cut across the grain into thin strips
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium bell peppers (any color), seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated or minced fresh ginger
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine the rice vinegar, soy sauce, orange zest, sweetener and 1 teaspoon of the cornstarch. Mix well. Set aside.
- Place the sliced steak in another bowl. Season with salt and pepper and add remaining 1 Tablespoon cornstarch. Fully coat the meat.
- Preheat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the steak to the skillet and stir fry until browned and slightly undercooked. Transfer meat to a plate. Set aside.
- Next, add onion, bell peppers, garlic and ginger into the same skillet and stir fry until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the slightly undercooked steak back into the vegetables and cook for an additional minute or two.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the meat and vegetables and cook until it has thickened, 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish the stir fry with cilantro and serve over your favorite starch or vegetable side dish.
Approved for cycles 2 and 3.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)