Sometimes I crave a dinner that’s filled with “comfort” flavors – you know the one I’m talking about right?
A dish that’s brimming with cheese and mushrooms and all the deep, intense flavors of wine! Something perfectly healthy for the 17 Day Diet, of course!
Introducing Chicken Lombardy Recipe for the 17 Day Diet
This yummy recipe is super easy to make and you’re getting a deeply flavorful dish using chicken broth instead of the traditionally used Marsala wine.
If you’re on Cycle 3 of the 17 Day Diet, you’ll know wine is allowed during this cycle, so feel free to add in some Marsala wine in this recipe for an even deeper rich flavor.
This Chicken Lombardy recipe was featured in my Fresh & Clean 17 Spring Challenge and the participants quickly voted this as their favorite!
And for good reason!
Once you make this recipe for your next family dinner, you’ll soon discover why it’s a crowd favorite.
This Chicken Lombardy recipe features really simple ingredients such as chicken, mushrooms, garlic, Italian Seasoning, chicken broth and a few different cheeses to top it off!
The cream cheese melted into the mushroom sauce makes this super rich and velvety.
The sauce is probably the best part!
If you want to enjoy extra sauce, I’d recommend increasing two ingredients:
- Chicken Broth – increase from 1/2 cup to 1 cup
- Cream Cheese – increase from 2 oz to 4 oz
Whenever I’m making a dish that is covered in cheese, I always make sure to brown it a bit. It adds such a beautiful color.
Besides the yummy sauce, I also love the slightly browned cheese on top! It’s simply divine!
This is one of those recipes that is super easy to make, even after a long day at the office.
Plus, leftovers taste even better the next day, so you could easily save a bit of time in the kitchen if you don’t mind feasting on leftovers a few nights in a row!
It’s really that good, so I’m sure you won’t mind!
Side Dishes Served with Chicken Lombardy:
There are a lot of different ways to serve Chicken Lombardy as a complete meal. Here are a few side dishes to serve with your new favorite recipe:
- Nice garden salad with a vinaigrette dressing (try this Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing)
- Your favorite vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower or oven roasted cabbage slices (you could use this Italian Roasted Vegetables Recipe to get you started)
- A small serving of Basmati Rice if you’re on Cycle 2 (make sure you eat this for lunch if you’re serving with rice)
- A light pasta if you’re on Cycle 3 (make sure you make extra sauce if you’re pairing this dish with pasta)
Other Spring Cleanse Detox Recipes
I mention earlier in this post that this Chicken Lombardy recipe was created for my annual Spring Cleanse Challenge called Fresh & Clean 17. This event happens once a year, but this Chicken Lombardy recipe is yours to enjoy year-round!
If you enjoy this recipe, you may want to try out these other Fresh & Clean 17 recipes:
Other Low Carb Recipes You Might Enjoy:
If you find you really love this recipe as much as I do, then you might like some of my other recipes for the 17 Day Diet:
- Green Chili Chicken Enchilada with Cauliflower (this is one of my favorites)
- Italian Roasted Vegetables (I mentioned this above as a great side veggie for your Chicken Lombardy meal)
- Greek Chicken Souvlaki with Yogurt Sauce (this is a must-try recipe)
Keto Chicken Lombardy:
Have you tried this Chicken Lombardy recipe?
If so, I’d love for you to rate this recipe below. If you made this dish, snap a pic, post on social and tag me @17ddblog and/or use hashtag #17ddblog.
- 2 Large Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut in half length-wise
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- Small Carton of Sliced Mushrooms
- Small Onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ Cup Chicken Broth
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil on medium high heat. Brown chicken breasts on each side for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place browned chicken into a baking dish. Set aside.
- Add 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil to skillet and add mushrooms, onions and Italian Seasoning and sauté until mushrooms start to become tender and onions translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Season mushroom mixture with salt and pepper and add garlic cloves and sauté for anther 30 seconds.
- Next, add chicken broth and cream cheese to skillet and mix well to combine lifting any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Once cream cheese has melted and sauce is thickened up a bit, pour the sauce mixture over the chicken.
- Top chicken and sauce with mozzarella cheese, followed by Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Baking time will depend on thickness of chicken.
- Once cooked through, place under the broiler to allow the cheese to brown.
- Serve immediately.
Approved for all cycles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.