If you know me, I’m a sucker for simple. Add in healthy and you have yourself a perfect recipe for the 17 Day Diet.
Recently, I was browsing Pinterest for inspiring culinary creations, and I stumbled upon this delicious-looking Buffalo Chicken Salad recipe that a health blogger had adapted from an original recipe to make it healthier.
I’ve modified the adapted version just a tab bit to make it 17 Day Diet approved.
This Buffalo Chicken Salad with Greek Yogurt Recipe is pretty simple.
You start with a few basic ingredients, including Greek Yogurt.
Next up is celery.
To me, celery is one of those vegetables that doesn’t have a ton of flavor. I think it’s more of a carrier for other flavors (think peanut butter or cream cheese).
However, celery is needed in this recipe for some added crunchy texture.
And then you have your other must-have ingredients such as your favorite hot sauce and mozzarella cheese. YUM!
This Buffalo Chicken Salad with Yogurt is a perfect mid-week lunch or you could serve it as dinner, especially during the warmer months when you don’t feel like heating up the kitchen.
Photo courtesy of Judy H. Judy is a member of my private FB group and she’s always using Sunburst tomatoes for garnish in her photos! Thanks, Judy! Looks delish!
Suggestions for Cycles 1, 2 and 3 of the 17 Day Diet:
Cycles 1 and 2 – Serve Buffalo Chicken Salad over a bed of greens.
Cycle 3 – Serve Buffalo Chicken Salad over a 1/2 whole grain bagel, a whole wheat tortilla pocket or whole wheat tortilla.
Other Salad Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Tuna and Egg Salad (mayo-free and yummy)
- Cool Cucumber and Strawberry Salad with Vinaigrette
- Chicken Caesar Kebabs
- 5 oz non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup Franks Red Hot Wings Buffalo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) low-fat mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, buffalo sauce, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Stir in cooked chicken, celery, cilantro, and low-fat mozzarella cheese.
- Refrigerate until serving or up to 5 days in the fridge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. As you know, your health & wellness is a life-long journey and food is one piece of the puzzle. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, making gemstone & crystal bracelets over at my Vixy Fae Etsy shop, and helping you achieve better health through nature with my other love, Busy Bee’s Wellness Co.