If you know me, I’m a sucker for simple. Add in healthy and you have yourself a perfect recipe for the 17 Day Diet.
Recently, I was browsing Pinterest for inspiring culinary creations, and I stumbled upon this delicious-looking Buffalo Chicken Salad recipe that a health blogger had adapted from an original recipe to make it healthier.
I’ve modified the adapted version just a tab bit to make it 17 Day Diet approved.
This Buffalo Chicken Salad with Greek Yogurt Recipe is pretty simple.
You start with a few basic ingredients, including Greek Yogurt.
Next up is celery.
To me, celery is one of those vegetables that doesn’t have a ton of flavor. I think it’s more of a carrier for other flavors (think peanut butter or cream cheese).
However, celery is needed in this recipe for some added crunchy texture.
And then you have your other must-have ingredients such as your favorite hot sauce and mozzarella cheese. YUM!
This Buffalo Chicken Salad with Yogurt is a perfect mid-week lunch or you could serve it as dinner, especially during the warmer months when you don’t feel like heating up the kitchen.
In fact, this Buffalo Chicken Salad is so easy to make, that I featured it on my 7-Day Salad Diet Challenge as it can be made in no time for an easy lunch recipe during the week!
Photo courtesy of Judy H. Judy is a member of my private FB group and she’s always using Sunburst tomatoes for garnish in her photos! Thanks, Judy! Looks delish!
Suggestions for Cycles 1, 2 and 3 of the 17 Day Diet:
Cycles 1 and 2 – Serve Buffalo Chicken Salad over a bed of greens.
Cycle 3 – Serve Buffalo Chicken Salad over a 1/2 whole grain bagel, a whole wheat tortilla pocket or whole wheat tortilla.
Cycle 3 – Serve this recipe using my 90 Second Keto Bread
Other Salad Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Tuna and Egg Salad (mayo-free and yummy)
- Keto Egg Salad
- Salmon Avocado Salsa Salad
- Cool Cucumber and Strawberry Salad with Vinaigrette
- Chicken Caesar Kebabs
- Kickstart Detox Salad
- Grown-up Tuna Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- Crunchy Sweet Apple Chicken Salad
- Peach Caprese Salad for the 17 Day Diet
- Summer Slaw with Apples
Low Carb Sandwich Recipe
If you want to use this Buffalo Chicken Salad and serve as a sandwich, consider using my low carb 90 Second Keto Bread recipe.
It uses almond flour as the base for a low carb and healthy fat alternative to a traditional higher carb sandwich bread.
My 90 Second Keto Bread recipe is written for the Keto Diet, but is easily customized to be compliant for both the 17 Day Diet and the 17 Day Kickstart Diet (I have adjustments available in the recipe).
- 5 oz non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup Franks Red Hot Wings Buffalo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) low-fat mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, buffalo sauce, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Stir in cooked chicken, celery, cilantro, and low-fat mozzarella cheese.
- Refrigerate until serving or up to 5 days in the fridge.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)