If you’re looking for an easy mid-week low carb meatball recipe that will feed the entire family while keeping you on track with your low carb weight loss plan, you definitely need to check out this Chipotle Chicken Meatballs with Garlic Lime Yogurt Sauce.
This recipe comes straight from my seasonal Operation: 17 Day Slim Down Cycle 1 Meal Plan and it’s been a crowd favorite!
This low carb chicken meatball recipe is perfect for all types of low carb diets.
Low Carb Chicken Meatball Ingredients
Like most of my meatball recipes, this one is also very simple to make. It only includes a few key ingredients, which include:
- ground lean chicken (or turkey)
- white onion
- chipotle chili powder
- chili powder
- Parmesan Cheese
Garlic Lime Yogurt Sauce Ingredients
Like the meatballs, this low sugar yogurt sauce is very easy to make and uses simple ingredients that compliment the smoky flavor of the meatballs. Here are the ingredients:
- plain Greek yogurt
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Chipotle Chicken Meatballs for the 17 Day Diet
If you’re eating low carb on the 17 Day Diet, you can certainly have this low carb Chipotle Chicken Meatballs recipe on all cycles of the diet.
You might want to consider switching up the ingredients for either cycle 2 or 3 by using beef or pork instead of chicken.
Not sure which foods are allowed when during the 17 Day Diet? Make sure you check out my 17 Day Diet Cycle 1 Food List for all the info!
You can also check out my book on Amazon called Fast Track Your Weight Loss With the 17 Day Diet which has all the food lists (and a 7 day meal plan, too!).
Can I have Chipotle Chicken Meatballs on the Kickstart Diet?
Yes, you can definitely have this low carb chicken meatball recipe while on the 17 Day Kickstart Diet. You can have this dish starting on the 10-Day Stabilize Phase.
Why wait until day 10? It’s due to the dairy (yogurt).
Want to try this recipe starting on day 1?
Well, you can definitely have just the meatballs on any day of the Kickstart Diet. However, if you also want the sauce, simply use a plant-based plain yogurt that does not include dairy and you should be good to go!
If you’re not sure which foods are allowed during each phase, make sure you take a look at my 17 Day Kickstart Diet Food List.
Keto Chicken Meatball
If you’re on the Keto Diet, this dish can be eaten as is. Make sure you use full fat Greek yogurt in your sauce.
Depending on your macros, you may want to increase the fat content with a ground dark chicken meat or use pork or beef.
Low Carb Side Dishes to Serve with Chipotle Chicken Meatballs
Not sure what to serve with this Chipotle Chicken Meatball recipe? Here are a few ideas on low carb side dishes you might want to pair with this recipe:
- Carrot Fries with Ranch Dressing
- Spicy Lime Cauliflower Steaks
- Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Radishes and Carrots
- Zucchini Fries with Ranch Dressing
Other Low Carb Meatball Recipes
If you’re a meatball fan and you want more, make sure you check out these additional recipes:
- Greek Turkey Meatballs with Yogurt Tzatziki Sauce
- Healthy Low Carb Turkey Meatballs with Marinara Sauce
- Low Carb Chicken Meatball Stroganoff
- Meatballs with Easy Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
Did you make this Chipotle Chicken Meatballs with Garlic Lime Yogurt Sauce and enjoy it? If so, consider reviewing the recipe card below. If you’re on social, make sure you tag me @17ddblog so I can see your dish!
For the meatballs:
- 1 pound ground, lean chicken (or turkey)
- 1/4 white onion, grated (about 2 Tablespoons)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (for frying)
For the sauce:
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-2 limes, zested and juiced (about 1 Tablespoon of juice, or more to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Make the sauce by mixing all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.
- Once you've mixed everything together, you can adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Set aside in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
- Next, add all meatball ingredients (except olive oil) into a large bowl and mix the ingredients with your hands until well combined.
- Form 16 meatballs.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil.
- Once oil is hot, add meatballs and cook roughly for 2 minutes on each side (turning a total of 4 times).
- Serve the meatballs with the garlic yogurt sauce over the top, under your meatballs or on the side.
17 Day Diet - all cycles
17 Day Kickstart Diet - starting 10-Day Stabilize Phase (for earlier phases, either use non-dairy yogurt or omit sauce all together)
Keto Diet - use full fat Greek Yogurt
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)