There’s nothing better than a yummy homemade Tzatziki sauce to dress up your turkey meatballs. I love the coolness of the yogurt and cucumber in this recipe.
I featured this recipe at a dinner party I threw online for the opening of my Monthly Dinner Club by Simply17 (this is my weekly meal planning service for the 17 Day Diet).
During our virtual dinner party, community member, Sandra, went an extra step and included her party favors at dinner time. Guests were given name place cards. You can see Sandra’s below.
I love Greek food, so it’s always fun to incorporate an easy meatball recipe for dinner time.
Mediterranean dishes are not only yummy, but super healthy, too! Enjoy!
For the Meatballs:
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 onion, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tablespoons lemon zest
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup low-fat feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
For the Tzatziki Sauce:
- 1 medium cucumber (about 8 oz), peeled, seeded and chopped into chunks*
- 1 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1 8 oz container Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the meatballs:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Stir all meatball ingredients together in a large bowl. Make sure you don’t mix too much or the meatballs will be tough.
- Roll into small 1 oz balls (about 16) and place on a slightly greased baking dish or pan.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until turkey is cooked through.
For the Tzatziki sauce:
- Place diced cucumber in a mesh strainer or colander and sprinkle with salt, toss to evenly coat then allow to rest 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Rinse cucumbers and place over several layers of paper towels. Squeeze some of the liquid from cucumbers (almost as if wringing moisture from a cloth).
- Place cucumbers in food processor and pulse to chop fine (if there's excess liquid drain it off).
- Pour cucumbers into a mixing bowl add Greek yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, and dill and season with salt and pepper to taste. Whisk to combine. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
Approved for all cycles.
*To remove seeds, peel the cucumber, slice in half lengthwise, then used a spoon to scoop the seeds out and dice into chunks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)