There’s not a better breakfast combination than eggs, veggies and cheese.
Sure, you can scramble up a few eggs and throw in your favorite greens, but why not make them as waffles instead?
Yes, you can have waffles on the 17 Day Diet. They’re loaded with yummy, healthy ingredients!
Community member, Tracy P., loaned me her Waffle Omelette recipe and her photos and I wanted to share her latest creation with you! This is a great meal for breakfast or you could switch things up a bit and serve them for lunch or dinner!
This recipe is super versatile. You can either use the vegetable ingredients listed below or you may use anything you have on hand that needs to be used soon.
In fact, Tracy had leftover asparagus from the night before and she used this, along with parmesan cheese, in one of her waffle creations.
Oh, and a special tip from Tracy is to make sure you chop your veggies pretty small. This will help them cook in the waffle iron.
As you can see, the sky’s the limit. Find a flavor combo that you especially love and go for it.
Or better yet, experiment with ingredients you haven’t tried before and you may find a new favorite.
Check out Tracy’s waffles cooking below…. YUM!!
Here’s Tracy’s recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Bell Pepper (any color), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato, chopped (or use canned tomatoes)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Cheese for topping
- Salsa for topping (optional)
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a small bowl, whisk together your eggs and egg whites.
- Spray the hot waffle iron with an Olive Oil spray. Sprinkle an even layer of vegetables on each waffle section and cook for about one minute.
- Next, pour the whisked egg mixture over the vegetables, season with salt and pepper. Close the waffle iron and cook until the eggs are thoroughly cooked. Cooking time will vary depending on how hot your waffle iron cooks.
- When done, gently remove waffles from iron using a fork.
- Top with your favorite toppings such as cheese and salsa.
Yields about 4 waffles (2 servings of 2 waffles per serving).
Cooking time will vary depending on your waffle iron.
Approved for all cycles.