There’s not a better breakfast combination than eggs, veggies and cheese. These Waffle Omelettes are low carb and fit the bill!
Sure, you can scramble up a few eggs and throw in your favorite greens, but why not make them as waffles instead?
Yes, you can have waffles on the 17 Day Diet. They’re loaded with yummy, healthy ingredients!
Community member, Tracy P., loaned me her Waffle Omelette recipe and her photos and I wanted to share her latest creation with you! This is a great meal for breakfast or you could switch things up a bit and serve them for lunch or dinner!
This recipe is super versatile. You can either use the vegetable ingredients listed below or you may use anything you have on hand that needs to be used soon.
In fact, Tracy had leftover asparagus from the night before and she used this, along with parmesan cheese, in one of her waffle creations.
Oh, and a special tip from Tracy is to make sure you chop your veggies pretty small. This will help them cook in the waffle iron.
As you can see, the sky’s the limit. Find a flavor combo that you especially love and go for it.
Or better yet, experiment with ingredients you haven’t tried before and you may find a new favorite.
Check out Tracy’s waffles cooking below…. YUM!!
Waffle Omelets for the 17 Day Diet
This recipe can be enjoyed on all cycles of the 17 Day Diet.
If you’re not sure which foods are allowed on Cycle 1, make sure you check out my 17 Day Diet Cycle 1 Food List.
You can also check out my book on Amazon called Fast Track Your Weight Loss With the 17 Day Diet which has all the food lists (and a 7 day meal plan, too!).
Can I Have Waffle Omelets on the 17 Day Kickstart Diet?
If you happen to be on the 17 Day Kickstart Diet, you can definitely enjoy these yummy waffle omelets! However, you’ll have to wait until the 4-Day Soak Up Phase when eggs are allowed.
Plus, you’ll want to skip the cheese until Day 10 when cheese is allowed during the 10-Day Stabilize Phase.
If you’re not familiar with what foods are allowed during each phase, make sure you check out the 17 Day Kickstart Diet Food List.
Are Waffle Omelets Keto Friendly?
Yes! These are Keto friendly, too!
Have you heard of the Keto Chaffle? Well, this is considered the OG version (without as much cheese) and has been around quite a long time.
So if you’re Keto, dig in!
Other Breakfast Recipes
If you enjoy this Waffle Omelette recipe and are looking for more low carb breakfast ideas for the 17 Day Diet, here are a few other healthy breakfast recipes you may want to try:
- Veggie Egg Cups
- Breakfast Smoothie for the 17 Day Diet
- Dr. Mike’s Power Cookie for the 17 Day Diet
- Busy Bee’s Superfood Smoothie Recipe
- Skillet Garden Eggs
- Spinach & Mushroom Egg Bites
- Greek Egg Cups
- Chicken Apple Sausage
- Asparagus and Eggs for the 17 Day Diet
- Blueberries and Cream Green Smoothie
- Healthy Homemade Granola
- Breakfast Chia Pudding
If you make this Waffle Omelette recipe, I’d love for you to come back and review this recipe below in the recipe card.
Plus, if you’re on social media, make sure you tag me @17ddblog and let me know if you made any customizations to your Waffle Omelette! Enjoy!
Here’s Tracy’s recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Bell Pepper (any color), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato, chopped (or use canned tomatoes)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Cheese for topping
- Salsa for topping (optional)
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a small bowl, whisk together your eggs and egg whites.
- Spray the hot waffle iron with an Olive Oil spray. Sprinkle an even layer of vegetables on each waffle section and cook for about one minute.
- Next, pour the whisked egg mixture over the vegetables, season with salt and pepper. Close the waffle iron and cook until the eggs are thoroughly cooked. Cooking time will vary depending on how hot your waffle iron cooks.
- When done, gently remove waffles from iron using a fork.
- Top with your favorite toppings such as cheese and salsa.
17 Day Diet - all cycles
17 Day Kickstart Diet - Starting Day 4 (skip cheese until day 10)
Yields about 4 waffles (2 servings of 2 waffles per serving).
Cooking time will vary depending on your waffle iron.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)