The beauty of veggie egg cups is that they are super versatile – you can literally add any veggie combination you want and still end up with a terrific egg cup! Plus, they are a great grab-and-go breakfast solution for the 17 Day Diet.
Some of the ingredients you can use are broccoli, tomatoes, bell pepper, onions, and mushrooms.
Here’s a 17 Day Diet compliant recipe for egg cups shared by community member, Janice B.
Literally use the ingredients you have on hand, but if you need a starting recipe, this is the one to use to get you started!
These egg cups are the perfect, quick grab-and-go breakfast. Store them in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
A quick re-heat in the microwave is all that’s needed to warm them up a bit before eating.
Oh and the secret to removing your eggs cups from your tin is actually NOT using a tin!
Use silicon baking cups instead and they’ll slide out without a problem. Otherwise, you might have a mess on your hands!
OK, have at it. Remember, there’s infinite possibilities with flavor combinations for these egg cups.
If you’re not a fan of bell pepper, for instance, use a bit of chopped broccoli instead.
- 1 16oz carton of egg whites plus 2 whole eggs (lightly beaten) (may use Egg Beaters)
- 1 chopped green onion
- 1 large handful cherry tomatoes, sliced (or more)
- 1/3 cup of frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together. Pour mixture into greased muffin tins or silicone baking cups.
- Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Approved all cycles.
Note from Janice: can use cooked broccoli, sliced mushrooms, red onion, red pepper flakes...whatever you have on hand & sounds good!
Yields roughly 9 regular-sized muffin cups (up to 3 cups equal 1 serving)