Here’s the ever so popular Dr. Mike’s Power Cookie for the 17 Day Diet. It was created by the creator of the 17 Day Diet, Dr. Mike.
Now you’ll see ingredients on the recipe that aren’t necessarily on any cycle food list.
When you break it down, if you eat one cookie, the amount of any non-approved ingredient (such as agave nectar) are so minimal that it should be okay.
Oh, and I should point out a few more things (I’ll reiterate them in the recipe just in case you miss them).
Each cookie counts as 1 protein and 1 natural starch, so make sure you eat one cookie before 2pm.
And one more thing to note, if you can’t find almond paste (it’s super high in sugar anyway), use 1 teaspoon of almond extract instead.
Additionally, olive oil in place of flax oil is fine, too.
Sara, who is a member of my private FB Group, told me the cookies were so yummy that she couldn’t keep her husband’s hands out of the cookie jar!
Other Low Carb Breakfast Recipes
If you enjoy Dr. Mike’s Power Cookie for the 17 Day Diet and are looking for more low carb breakfast ideas with recipes for the 17 Day Diet, here are a few other healthy breakfast recipes you may want to try:
- Waffle Omelettes
- Breakfast Smoothie for the 17 Day Diet
- Busy Bee’s Superfood Smoothie Recipe
- Skillet Garden Eggs
- Asparagus and Eggs for the 17 Day Diet
- Blueberries and Cream Green Smoothie
- Veggie Egg Cups
If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to come back and review this recipe below in the recipe card.
Plus, if you’re on social media, make sure you tag me @17ddblog and let me know if you made any customizations to your Veggie Egg Cups! Enjoy!
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons almond paste (substitute: 1 teaspoon almond extract)
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
- 10 packets of Truvia
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup vanilla whey powder
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together applesauce, almond paste, flaxseed oil, Truvia, and agave nectar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, pepper and whey powder. Beat thoroughly.
- Stir in oats, cherries, and almonds. Mix well.
- Drop the batter by large tablespoons onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- Divide dough so that you have 18 cookies. Flatten each cookie with the back of a spoon.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until brown.
- Remove from oven. Cool and store in a plastic container.
Each cookie supplies 128 calories and can be enjoyed on the Activate, Achieve, and Arrive Cycles for breakfast or as a snack.
Each cookie counts as 1 protein and 1 natural starch. Use on Cycles 2 to 4.
Special Note: Almond paste is very high in sugar and it can be difficult to find. If you want, use 1 teaspoon of almond extract in place of the almond paste, and you'll be good to go!
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. As you know, your health & wellness is a life-long journey and food is one piece of the puzzle. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, making gemstone & crystal bracelets over at my Vixy Fae Etsy shop.
Is this your first time trying the 17 Day Diet? Check out my BRAND NEW book, Kickstart Your Weight Loss with the 17 Day Diet, on Amazon!