Here’s a little hint:
If the ingredients you use for your smoothie are 17 Day Diet approved, then go for it. When you think about it, the only difference between a salad and a smoothie is your smoothie is blended.
Here’s an example of what I mean – let’s say you want to have a kale and orange salad, but you don’t feel like chewing your food and you need to get on the road quickly.
Putting your kale and orange (along with liquid) into a blender produces a different outcome: a green smoothie.
Table of contents
- Green Smoothie Recipe Book
- How to Create a Custom Green Smoothie
- Grape & Lime Green Smoothie Recipe
- Ingredients for the Grape & Lime Smoothie
- Optional Boosters for Grape & Lime Green Smoothie Recipe
- Which Cycle of the 17 Day Diet Can I Have This Smoothie On?
- Other Smoothies for the 17 Day Diet
- Other Low Carb Breakfast Recipes
Green Smoothie Recipe Book
Even in my Addicted Green Smoothie recipe book, I feature 29 smoothie recipes you can use for meals or snacks on the 17 Day Diet.
So, yes, they are allowed on the diet!
Making green smoothies are super easy. In my green smoothie recipe book, I also have a section where you can make your own custom recipes.
How to Create a Custom Green Smoothie
In fact, making your own custom green smoothie recipe is super simple.
If you follow my formula of 1 cup greens, 1 1/2 cups of fruit and 1 cup of liquid (iced water, yogurt, kefir, etc), then you have yourself an easy, grab-and-go smoothie for breakfast or lunch.
You can certainly have a green smoothie while on the 17 Day Diet. If you want to make it a total meal replacement, make sure you have sufficient amount of protein (and maybe a little bit of fat such as flax seed or coconut oil).
At the end of the day, make sure your ingredients are 17 Day Diet friendly, and blend away!
Grape & Lime Green Smoothie Recipe
A bit further down in this post is a green smoothie recipe I shared with my community recently. I kept getting asked for more breakfast options, so I opted for a green smoothie.
For the most part, the green smoothie was a big hit.
Just make sure you blend your greens and liquid VERY well before adding your fruit.
Ingredients for the Grape & Lime Smoothie
This recipe is quite simple and delicious! All you need is a few ingredients:
- Kale (or spinach)
- Ice Cold Water
- Red Grapes
Optional Boosters for Grape & Lime Green Smoothie Recipe
Feel free to add any of the following ingredients to boost your nutritional profile of this green smoothie:
- Protein Powder (I like this unflavored protein powder)
- Collagen Powder
- Chia Seeds
- Ground Flax Seed
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom Powder
Smoothie Tools & Ingredients To Use
- Personal Size Smoothie Blender
- Superfoods (Chia Seeds, Lion’s Mane, Flax Seed)
- Protein/Collagen Powder
Which Cycle of the 17 Day Diet Can I Have This Smoothie On?
This yummy Grape and Lime Smoothie can be enjoyed for all cycles of the 17 Day Diet!
Is this Smoothie Kickstart Diet Friendly?
Yes! This smoothie recipe can be eaten on all phases of the 17 Day Kickstart Diet!
If you’re not sure which foods are allowed when, make sure you check out my 17 Day Kickstart Diet Food List.
Other Smoothies for the 17 Day Diet
If you enjoy this little gem of a green smoothie, you might enjoy these other 17 Day Diet Smoothies (the first three smoothie recipes are from the Transitional Day Fast:
- Lavender Haze Superfood Smoothie
- Summer Peach Crisp Smoothie a la Mode
- Breakfast Smoothie Recipe for the 17 Day Diet
- Lunch Smoothie Recipe for the 17 Day Diet
- Dinner Smoothie Recipe for the 17 Day Diet
- Busy Bee’s Superfood Smoothie Recipe
- Blueberries and Cream Green Smoothie
- Strawberry, Peanut Butter & Chocolate Collagen Smoothie
Other Low Carb Breakfast Recipes
If you enjoy this recipe and are looking for more low carb breakfast recipes for the 17 Day Diet that are not smoothies, here are a few other healthy breakfast recipes you may want to try:
- Veggie Egg Cups
- Dr. Mike’s Power Cookie for the 17 Day Diet
- Greek Egg Cups
- Skillet Garden Eggs
- Asparagus and Eggs for the 17 Day Diet
- Healthy Homemade Granola
- Breakfast Chia Pudding
If you happen to make this Grape & Lime Green Smoothie, come back and give the recipe a review. Plus, if you’re on social media, I’d love to see your photos – make sure you tag me on Instagram @17ddblog
- 1 cup fresh kale (may use spinach)
- 1 cup ice cold water
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes
- 1/2 lime, peeled
- Blend kale and water together first, very well.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend again.
17 Day Diet - all cycles
17 Day Kickstart Diet - all phases
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)