I love summer because of all the yummy seasonal fruits and veggies. If you’re a peach lover, then you’ll love this Summer Peach Crisp Smoothie A La Mode.
Plus, it’s perfect for a low carb way of eating for weight loss.
This recipe comes directly from my Grillin’ & Chillin’ Summer meal plan (it’s only available for a short time during the summer season).
If it’s not summer time, no problem! You can use frozen peaches to make this smoothie year round!
The “crisp” portion of this smoothie comes from the ground flax seed and the healthy homemade granola that you can use as an optional topping.
No worries though – the “a la mode” doesn’t mean this recipe contains ice cream! It’s just creamy because of the yogurt and dairy free milk used to make this peachy goodness!
Peach Smoothie Ingredients
This smoothie recipe is fairly simple to make and includes a few ingredients, most of which you probably already have. They include:
- unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- plain yogurt
- frozen peaches (or 1 fresh peach, peeled and chopped up)
- vanilla protein powder (Truvani has a very clean protein powder)
- vanilla extract
- ground flax seed
- Ice (optional)
- Lean Granola (optional for topping)
Smoothie Booster Ingredients
While these ingredients are not a part of the actual recipe, they can be added to the smoothie making process to boost the nutritional value of the smoothie:
- chia seed
- hemp seed
- collagen powder (I like the Codeage brand)
- lion’s mane mushroom powder (I use TerraSoul Superfoods powder daily)
Summer Peach Smoothie for the 17 Day Diet
If you’re eating low carb on the 17 Day Diet, you can certainly enjoy this yummy peach smoothie starting on Cycle 3 when non-dairy milk is allowed.
If you want to use this recipe on cycles 1 and 2, here’s what you’ll want to change:
- Increase plain yogurt to 1 cup
- Omit milk and use 1/2 cup water (or less depending on the consistency of your yogurt)
- Omit flax seed and skip the optional granola
If you’re not sure which foods are allowed when, make sure you check out my 17 Day Diet Cycle 1 Food List for all the info!
You can also check out my book on Amazon called Fast Track Your Weight Loss With the 17 Day Diet which has all the food lists (and a 7 day meal plan, too!).
Can I have this Peach Smoothie on the Kickstart Diet?
Yes, you can definitely have Summer Peach Smoothie while on the 17 Day Kickstart Diet. You can have this smoothie starting on the 10-Day Stabilize Phase.
Peach Smoothie Changes for the Scrub and Soak Up Phases
If you want to enjoy the summer season harvest of peaches on either the 3-Day Scrub or the 4-Day Soak Up Phase, here are changes you’ll need to make:
Smoothie Changes for Scrub and Soak Up Phases
- Use a dairy free yogurt (coconut or soy based)
- Use a seed milk or coconut milk (nuts aren’t allowed until day 10)
If you’re not sure which foods are allowed during each phase, make sure you take a look at my 17 Day Kickstart Diet Food List.
Are Peaches Keto Friendly?
If you’re on the Keto Diet, unfortunately, peaches will likely not be a part of your meal plan due to the higher sugar content. To fix this, simply use your favorite low sugar berry.
Some berries to consider would be:
More Low Sugar Smoothie Recipes
If you’re a big fan of low carb smoothies, here are a few other recipes to check out!
- Strawberry, Peanut Butter & Chocolate Collagen Smoothie
- Lavender Haze Superfood Smoothie
- Blueberries and Cream Green Smoothie
- Busy Bee’s Superfood Smoothie Recipe
- Grape and Lime Green Smoothie
- How to Create a Custom Smoothie
- Addicted Green Smoothie Recipe
Transitional Day Fast Smoothie Recipes for the 17 Day Diet
In case you’re new to the 17 Day Diet there is a Transitional Day Fast that was published as part of the Breakthrough Edition.
This Transitional Day Fast includes three smoothies for your entire day for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can read more about the Transitional Day Fastif you’re not aware of it. Here are the three smoothies:
- Breakfast Smoothie for the 17 Day Diet
- Lunch Smoothie for the 17 Day Diet
- Dinner Smoothie for the 17 Day Diet
Other Low Carb Breakfast Recipes
If you enjoy this Summer Peach Crisp Smoothie A La Mode recipe and are looking for more low carb breakfast ideas with recipes for the 17 Day Diet that are not smoothies, here are a few other healthy breakfast recipes you may want to try:
- Veggie Egg Cups
- Spinach Egg Muffins with Tomatoes & Bell Pepper
- Chicken Apple Sausage
- Dr. Mike’s Power Cookie for the 17 Day Diet
- Greek Egg Cups
- Skillet Garden Eggs
- Asparagus and Eggs for the 17 Day Diet
- Spinach & Mushroom Egg Bites
- Waffle Omelettes
- Breakfast Chia Pudding
If you enjoy this Summer Peach Smoothie recipe make sure you come back to review the recipe card below. If you’re on social, make sure you tag me @17ddblog so I can see your pretty summer smoothie!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup frozen peaches (or 1 fresh peach, peeled and chopped up)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seed
- Ice (optional)
- Lean Granola (optional for topping)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- If you want your smoothie icy, add ice once all ingredients are blended and blend again until you reach your desired consistency.
17 Day Diet - Cycle 3 (see blog post to make Cycle 1/2 compliant)
17 Day Kickstart Diet - 10-Day Stabilize Phase (see blog post to make it compliant for earlier phases)
Keto Diet - use your favorite berries instead of peaches
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)