Here’s a refreshing summer treat without the guilt – crab cakes that are low-carb and delicious. Perfect for Cycles 2 and 3 of the 17 Day Diet!
Usually when you think of crab cakes, you likely envision a ton of carbs – you know what I’m talking about right?
Crab cakes with very little crab and mostly filler such as bread crumbs.
Not this Low-Carb Crab Cake Recipe!
No Bread Crumb Crab Cake
This low carb crab cake recipe doesn’t use an ounce of bread crumbs! Key the happy dance!
We keep this crab cake recipe low carb by omitting the usual bread crumbs and replace it with a bit of egg white and Parmesan cheese.
Alternatives to Crab Meat
If you’re not a huge fan of crab meat, or you can’t find it at the store for some reason, you can use any of the following canned meats:
- Tuna Fish
Regardless of the type of fish you use, you’re going to love how easy these crab cakes are to make!
I used my tuna cake recipe as a base for this crab cake recipe and slightly altered it. It came out super yummy!
This is a great meal when you’re in the middle of cycle 2 or 3 and it’s summer time (although any time of year is just fine!).
Secret Tip for Crab Cakes
The key to this recipe is to make sure the crab meat is well drained. The last thing you want is a soggy crab cake!
How To Serve Crab Cakes
There are a few ways you can serve these awesome crab cakes:
- With the Coleslaw recipe that comes with these crab cakes
- Garden Salad (using the Citrus Vinaigrette Dressing)
- Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
- As a sandwich
Regardless of how you serve these tasty crab cakes, I think you’re going to love them!
Other Low Carb Fish Recipes
If you’re a big fan of fish in general and you want more low carb recipes to add to your dinner rotation, you’ll love these other fabulous low carb fish recipes:
- Mahi Mahi with Citrus Herb Salad
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Pan Seared Salmon with Mediterranean Salsa Fresca
- Mayo Free Tuna and Egg Salad
- Grilled Lemon Sriracha Shrimp
- Sandy’s Tuna Toast
- Tuna Cakes with Lemon Dijon Sauce
- Broiled Tilapia with Parmesan
If you make this Crab Cake recipe, I’d love to hear what you think! Please come back to review this recipe below. If you’re on social media, tag me @17ddblog so I can see your lovely creation! Enjoy!
For the Crab Cakes
- 2 6-oz cans of Crab Meat, very well drained
- 1 egg white, whisked
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2-3 Tablespoons Olive oil for frying
- Wedges from 1/2 Lemon
For the Citrus Vinaigrette
- 2 Tablespoons Freshly Squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Sweetener to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Bag of Coleslaw Mixture
For the Crab Cakes:
- Drain crab meat very well and lightly flake in large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together one egg white and add to crab meat along with parmesan cheese.
- Blend together until well combined.
- Make four small patties. I
- n frying pan, heat 2-3 tablespoons Olive Oil on medium heat. Brown each side for 10 minutes. Be extremely careful when turning as cakes will be very delicate at first.
For the Citrus Vinaigrette:
- Whisk together all ingredients until well blended.
- Toss into coleslaw and serve with crab cakes.
Use roughly one-half bag of coleslaw mixture or more, depending on your preference.
Approved for Cycles 2 and 3.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)