Here’s a refreshing summer treat without the guilt – crab cakes that are low-carb and delicious. Perfect for Cycles 2 and 3 of the 17 Day Diet!
Usually when you think of crab cakes, you likely envision a ton of carbs – you know what I’m talking about right?
Crab cakes with very little crab and mostly filler such as bread crumbs.
Not this Low-Carb Crab Cake Recipe!
I used my tuna cake recipe as a base for this crab cake recipe and slightly altered it. It came out super yummy!
This is a great meal when you’re in the middle of cycle 2 or 3 and it’s summer time (although any time of year is just fine!).
The key to this recipe is to make sure the crab meat is well drained. The last thing you want is a soggy crab cake!
For the Crab Cakes
- 2 6-oz cans of Crab Meat, very well drained
- 1 egg white, whisked
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2-3 Tablespoons Olive oil for frying
- Wedges from 1/2 Lemon
For the Citrus Vinaigrette
- 2 Tablespoons Freshly Squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Sweetener to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Bag of Coleslaw Mixture
For the Crab Cakes:
- Drain crab meat very well and lightly flake in large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together one egg white and add to crab meat along with parmesan cheese.
- Blend together until well combined.
- Make four small patties. I
- n frying pan, heat 2-3 tablespoons Olive Oil on medium heat. Brown each side for 10 minutes. Be extremely careful when turning as cakes will be very delicate at first.
For the Citrus Vinaigrette:
- Whisk together all ingredients until well blended.
- Toss into coleslaw and serve with crab cakes.
Use roughly one-half bag of coleslaw mixture or more, depending on your preference.
Approved for Cycles 2 and 3.