If you’ve been a part of my blog for any length of time, you’ll know I’m all about simple! This Lemon and Dill Salmon recipe only has a few ingredients, but it packs in a lot of flavor and it’s perfect for the 17 Day Diet!
The recipe calls for a 2 pound salmon filet, but if you want to use smaller filets (especially the frozen vacuumed pack variety), then by all means, go for it.
You really can’t go wrong!
A few stars of this recipe besides salmon, are garlic, lemon and dill.
I love to incorporate garlic into any meal I can. Garlic is a great source of minerals and vitamins.
Lemon is one of those ingredients that bring such a fresh flavor to any dish.
I love incorporating the lemon zest in many dishes, even if it only calls for the juice.
Lemon zest is so full of flavor!
Finally, our last star recipe is dill.
Now, I recommend using fresh dill.
I don’t think using a dried herb would have the same impact in this dish.
Lemon and Dill Salmon for the 17 Day Diet
If you’re eating low carb on the 17 Day Diet, you can certainly have this yummy salmon recipes on all cycles of the diet.
If you’re not sure which foods are allowed when, make sure you check out my 17 Day Diet Cycle 1 Food List for all the info!
You can also check out my book on Amazon called Fast Track Your Weight Loss With the 17 Day Diet which has all the food lists (and a 7 day meal plan, too!).
Can I have Lemon and Dill Salmon on the Kickstart Diet?
Yes, you can definitely enjoy this tasty Lemon and Dill Salmon while on the 17 Day Kickstart Diet. You can have this dish starting on the 3-Day Scrub Phase.
If you’re not sure which foods are allowed during each phase, make sure you take a look at my 17 Day Kickstart Diet Food List.
Is Salmon Keto Friendly?
If you’re on the Keto Diet, this dish can be eaten as is. Salmon is filled with healthy fats, so this is a perfect protein to get your fat macros.
If you need even more fat in your day, consider a creamy dill sauce to drizzle over the top!
More Low Carb Salmon Recipes
If you really like salmon, try out these other recipes:
- Keto Salmon with Lemon Dijon Sauce
- Salmon With Lemon Caper Vinaigrette
- Sheet Pan Parmesan Baked Salmon & Broccoli
- Bang Bang Salmon & Broccoli Bowls
- Low Carb Salmon with Peach & Cucumber Salsa
- Salmon & Avocado Salsa Salad
- Pan Seared Salmon with Mediterranean Salsa Fresca
Low Carb Fish Recipes
If you’re a big fan of fish and you want more low carb fish recipes to add to your dinner rotation, you’ll love these other fabulous low carb fish recipes:
- Mahi Mahi with Citrus Herb Salad
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Crab Cakes with Citrus Vinaigrette Dressing
- Mayo Free Tuna and Egg Salad
- Grilled Lemon Sriracha Shrimp
- Sandy’s Tuna Toast
- Tuna Cakes with Lemon Dijon Sauce
- Broiled Tilapia with Parmesan
If you make this Lemon and Dill Salmon dish, please come back to review the recipe below. If you’re on social media, make sure you tag me @17ddblog so I can see your dish! Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons dill, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pound salmon filet
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Puree the oil, lemon juice and zest, dill and garlic in a food processor until smooth. Set aside
- Place the salmon on foil on a baking sheet, pat dry, season with salt and pepper, spread on the dill and lemon mixture.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Garnish with sliced lemon and fresh dill.
17 Day Diet - all cycles
17 Day Kickstart Diet - all phases
Best to use fresh dill in this dish.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, designing my jewelry line and watching Outlander!
Are you new to the 17 Day Diet? Check out my latest book, Fast Track Your Weight Loss With The 17 Day Diet on Amazon! (aff link)