We can talk all day long about how cauliflower has been our new best friend when it comes to making low-carb foods on the 17 Day Diet. But what about tuna? Well, tuna can also be used to make low-carb recipes such as this Tuna Toast recipe.
Here’s a low-carb tuna recipe community member, Sandy J., shared with the blog.
This recipe is especially yummy when you feel like having some “bread” or “toast” with your meal, or when you’re tired of making cloud bread and want a different type of “bread” for your next sandwich or low-carb burger, perhaps!
Sandy’s secret to a yummy tuna toast is to allow it to cool before serving.
You can use the tuna “toast” to make a sandwich, to serve alongside a salad, or serve with your favorite soup.
Sandy went a step further and made an appetizer with her tuna toast – she took a square of tuna toast, added a dab of plain yogurt and topped it with a sliced cucumber!
This is the perfect low-carb sandwich “bread” or side bread for your summer salad. Enjoy!
Creamy Low Carb Salads
These tuna toast pieces would be great topped with a creamy salad. Here are a few ideas to get you startedL
Other Low Carb Fish Recipes
If you’re a big fan of fish in general and you want more low carb recipes to add to your dinner rotation, you’ll love these other fabulous low carb fish recipes:
- Mahi Mahi with Citrus Herb Salad
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Pan Seared Salmon with Mediterranean Salsa Fresca
- Grilled Lemon Sriracha Shrimp
- Crab Cakes with Citrus Vinaigrette Dressing
- Tuna Cakes with Lemon Dijon Sauce
- Broiled Tilapia with Parmesan
If you make Sandy’s Tuna Toast recipe, I’d love to hear what you think! Please come back to review this recipe below. If you’re on social media, tag me @17ddblog so I can see your lovely creation! Enjoy!
- 1 5oz can Albacore tuna in water, well drained
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 egg
- Seasonings of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make sure your tuna is well-drained for optimal results. If needed, place drained tuna inside of a clean kitchen towel or paper towels and remove any excess liquid.
- In a bowl, combine drained tuna, cream cheese and egg. Mix until well combined.
- On a baking sheet, add a piece of parchment paper. Add your tuna mixture to paper, and with a spatula, flatten the tuna mixture and form it into a rectangular shape so it can be cut in half after baking. Keep your thickness to less than a 1/4 inch.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Flip toast over onto pan, discarding the paper and continue baking for another 15 minutes, or until toast is just browned on the edges.
- Allow toast to cool before serving.
Tuna toast can be served as “bread” along side your meal, or cut in half to make a sandwich with your favorite sandwich fillings. Use your favorite low-sugar marinara sauce, cheese and toppings to make a tuna pizza, too! The sky is the limit in this recipe!
Approved for all cycles
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve been loving the 17 Day Diet since 2011. As you know, your health & wellness is a life-long journey and food is one piece of the puzzle. I love sharing my favorite healthy recipes and meal plans to keep you motivated and on the right path to success!
When I’m not hanging out here, I enjoy quick trips to the Oregon Coast, helping you with your anti-aging & skincare needs over at my Avon store (come say hi!!), and helping you achieve better health through nature with my other love, Busy Bee’s Wellness Co.